Katydid was a young, enthusiastic warrior from the planet Euphorix. She trained under the veteran commander known as Skokiaan. When Skokiaan turned up missing, Katydid tracked her down to the primitive moon of Tallgrass. On the moon was a quasi-sentient Psion structure known a the Killing House. Those trapped inside the Killing House are forced to fight one another to survive. Katydid encountered several super-powered individuals such as Brighteyes, Impasse and Soma. Her greatest challenge however, was when she was forced to fight Skokiaan herself. Katydid succeeded in besting her mentor, and in so doing, caused a power surge that shorted out the Killing House's symbiotic systems. The other warriors, now free to act of their own free will decided to remain on Tallgrass and establish an outpost on behalf of the Omega Men.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Character created by Joey Cavalieri and Alex Nino.
- 1 Appearances of Katydid (New Earth)
- Images featuring Katydid (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Katydid (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Katydid (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: