The Keeper was an advanced computer network system constructed by a team of humanoid scientists on an unnamed alien world. The chief programmer designed the system to assist the needs of the planet's reigning culture, which at the time consisted of the highly advanced Lightning Lords.
Several years ago however, a sorceress by the name of, Lady Djinn, took command of the Lightning Lords tower citadel and appropriated the Keeper. She used her magic spells against the chief programmer, altering his brain to that of a mute imbecile. With all immediate threats removed, she exiled the programmer and all pertinent developers from the citadel.
Djinn used the Keeper to cement her power base but underestimated the computer's capacity for independent thought. Under her rule, the Keeper began to feel as if it was a slave to her ultimate authority. Slowly, the seeds of betrayal began to develop within its CPU.
Some time later, Lady Djinn embroiled herself in a conflict with the freedom fighter known as Starfire. She captured one of Starfire's loyal warriors, a mute giant named Thump. As luck would have it, Thump was in fact the original programmer for the Keeper system. Starfire rescued Thump from the citadel just as the Keeper turned against Lady Djinn. It elected to aid the freedom fighters and used its advanced secondary systems to teleport Starfire and her warriors safely outside the citadel. It then turned its attention on Lady Djinn, transforming her into a living computer terminal. With Djinn incapacitated, the Keeper activated its self-destruct program destroying Djinn, the citadel and itself.
- Data processing: The Keeper was capable of maintaining and processing data not unlike a standard Earth Cray computer system.
- Artificial Intelligence: The Keeper evolved into a sentient computer system capable of independent thought and action.
- Teleportation: The Keeper possessed the ability to teleport large quantities of mass both to and from the citadel tower.
- Molecular Reconstruction: Through a process that has never been revealed, the Keeper possessed the ability to alter the molecular structure of both biological and non-living matter.
- The existence of the Keeper is exclusive to a dimensional reality outside that of the mainstream DC Universe.
- Whether or not the dimensional reality the Keeper existed in was destroyed following the collapse of the Multiverse during the Crisis on Infinite Earths event has yet to be revealed.
Links and References