Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In his home dimension, Kell Mossa was one of the most gifted scientists to have ever lived. Arrogantly hoping to unlock the mysteries of the universe, and flying in the face of his people's concerns, he locked himself in an anti-matter chamber. He hoped to witness creation at the Dawn of Time, but instead he witnessed the Anti-Monitor, and helped begin that being's rampage of destruction. His world destroyed, Kell was saved by the Monitor, and renamed Pariah. He acquired the mostly involuntary ability to travel from one alternate Earth to another, forced to witness untold millions perish, although he could control this ability on occasion. He blames himself for the destruction of his own world, the release of the Anti-Monitor, and the subsequent destruction of universe after universe, until he eventually learns he was essentially blameless.
During the Crisis on Infinite Earths, Pariah worked with different heroes from different realities, including Alexander Luthor of Earth-Three, in an attempt to defeat the Anti-Monitor. Once the Crisis was abated, Pariah remained on the newly reformed Earth, relieved that his penance seemed to be over, and hoping to find a new life for himself.
After some time living in peace, Pariah attempted to warn Lex Luthor of a threat from outside the universe. However, this Luthor is in actuality Alexander Luthor of Earth-Three in disguise, posing as this universe's Lex Luthor, and preparing to remake the universe to his liking, by restoring the multiverse. Pariah is subsequently murdered by Alexander Luthor.
During the Blackest Night, Pariah returns as a zombie and a member of the Black Lantern Corps with a black ring. He is once more condemned to travel the universe and warn of impending disaster. Pariah reappears for the first time in Gotham Cemetery right before the Spectre is reanimated, and then in deep space he appears to John Stewart right before the entire planet Xanshi becomes a Black Lantern.
- Immortality: It is believed that Pariah may be immortal, which is to say that he will not physical age beyond his current state.
- Invulnerability: Almost totally invulnerable, except to forces outside the Multiverse (special conditions not withstanding).
- Teleportation: Innately teleports to the focal point of vast danger or disaster.
- Medical Science: Pariah eliminated every sickness in his world.
- This character existed before Crisis on Infinite Earths, but made his first appearance during it.
- The numerical designation (Earth-?) of Pariah's home universe has never been revealed. Though fans often dubbed it "Earth-Omega" as it was the site of the "beginning of the end".
- His home universe was retconned as an alternate dimension rather than a parallel Earth.
- 48 Appearances of Kell Mossa (Pre-Crisis)
- 12 Images featuring Kell Mossa (Pre-Crisis)
- 1 Quotations by or about Kell Mossa (Pre-Crisis)
- Character Gallery: Kell Mossa (Pre-Crisis)
|Black Lantern Corps member|
This character is or was a member of the Black Lantern Corps. Those who have died may wield the Black Power Ring, symbolizing their lack of both life and emotion.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Black Lantern Corps members category."