Ken Baldwin was an actor who played the Dazzler, a fictional villain who was the star of a television program.
During a shoot the wires suspending him in the air to create the illusion of flight broke but he seemed to lift into the air for a safe landing on a balcony. Baldwin suspected a stage hand of somehow being behind the feat, and ultimately was able to win the confidence of this man who proved to be Kahu Ibor, an alien being of fantastic mental powers. Baldwin slowly convinced Ibor to show him how to use such powers himself, until he had gained complete control over Ibor's mind. Flush with power, Baldwin decided to embark on a career of crime disguised as his character. Green Lantern Hal Jordan discovered Ibor's true nature and was able to capture Baldwin. Ibor then used his powers to return himself to his home planet so that no other unscrupulous parties could discover and exploit his powers.
- This version of Dazzler, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Ken Baldwin (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Ken Baldwin (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Ken Baldwin (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Ken Baldwin (Earth-One)
|Green Lantern Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Green Lantern of Earth, or the Green Lantern Corps as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Green Lantern Villains."