Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Hey, face...meet MACE!
- -- Hawkgirl src
Kendra Saunders was a young woman who committed suicide. When her soul left her body, her great-aunt, Shiera Hall's soul, entered it. Her grandfather, former OSS agent and globe-trotting adventurer Speed Saunders, recognized this change and encouraged his granddaughter to embrace her destiny as the "new" Hawkgirl.
She believed herself to still be Kendra, even going as far as using the original Hawkgirl equipment, and went out to find the Fate-Child (the reincarnation of Shiera's son, Hector Hall). During her search, she came across the Justice Society of America and became a member.
She had all of Kendra's memories, but almost none of Shiera's. This created tension with Hawkman since he remembered all of their past lives together and believed they were destined for each other. Kendra had been presented as a very troubled young woman, haunted by the murder of her parents by a corrupt cop and confused by her jumble of memories and feelings. She operated as Hawkman's partner, but only recently began to actually admit her attraction to him. The truth about Kendra's identity was eventually revealed to her by the angel Zauriel.
During the onset of the Rann-Thanagar War, Troia recruited Kendra and other heroes. A Zeta Beam transporter malfunction injured Kendra and several other heroes, causing her to grow over 20 ft tall.
Later she was returned to normal and renewed her protection of St. Roch, Louisiana, in Hawkman's absence. She also took over as the curator of the Stonechat Museum. She then was inducted as a member to the newly reformed Justice League of America. Hawkgirl began a turbulent relationship with Red Arrow, but past relationships, parenting, and being unable to express their feelings to each other caused problems. Eventually, the relationship dissolved and Red Arrow left the Justice League.
Hawkgirl then became 100% Kendra Saunders as a result of Shiera Hall's soul leaving Kendra's body and moving on to the afterlife. Shiera hoped her passing on would finally remove the curse of Hath-Set.
Kendra and Carter were briefly reunited, and she was about to tell him something, when she was stabbed in the back by a spear by the recently resurrected Sue Dibny. Before having her heart removed, Kendra finally told Carter her feelings. She and Carter were then transformed into Black Lanterns. When Hawkgirl was subsequently resurrected by the White Lantern and removed her helmet, it was to reveal the face of Shiera Hall, all trace of Kendra having apparently been erased.
- Reincarnation: The Nth metal knife which murdered Hawkgirl in her original incarnation as Chay-Ara had an unusual effect upon her soul and that of her lover Khufu (Hawkman). The pair are locked in a seemingly endless cycle of death and rebirth throughout the centuries. While not a superhuman power per se, this propensity for reincarnation has allowed Hawkgirl to cheat death and return to active duty in her current incarnation.
- Vulnerability to Deja Vu: Hawkgirl occasionally experiences flashes of déjà vu from her past lives. These can often be disorienting, and can also prove distracting in the midst of battle.
- Curse: Every time she is born again she must wander the earth till she meets again with her eternal soul mate. But as soon as they form a deep bond, they are destined to be murdered again and the cycle continues.
- Nth Metal Belt & Boots
- Mace among other archaic Weaponry
- Kendra Saunders (New Earth) appears as Hawkgirl (Prime) a playable character in the Infinite Crisis video game.
- 305 Appearances of Kendra Saunders (New Earth)
- 116 Images featuring Kendra Saunders (New Earth)
- 6 Quotations by or about Kendra Saunders (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Kendra Saunders (New Earth)
- Hawkgirl at dccomics.com
- Hawkgirl at Wikipedia.org
- Hawkgirl article at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Hawkman F.A.Q.
Justice Society of America member
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.
Birds of Prey member
|Black Lantern Corps member|
This character is or was a member of the Black Lantern Corps. Those who have died may wield the Black Power Ring, symbolizing their lack of both life and emotion.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Black Lantern Corps members category."