Following a fairly normal early life, Anderson became a geologist of some local renown. That all changed on the day that he discovered a strange rock, possibly a meteorite from space, that had strange properties to it. He was able to crack it in half, which exposed him to a pocket of gas that was trapped within the rock. Somehow, perhaps because Anderson has the metagene, the gas had the bizarre effect of quickly evolving him into a man of many centuries from now…enlarging his cranium to grotesque size and endowing him with telekinetic powers. Anderson then became convinced that it was his destiny to rule over all mankind, and set out to make this happen as the Annihilator, beginning with a rampage in Gotham City, NJ.
The rampage was opposed by Batgirl and Supergirl. Together, the two heroines found a way to undo Anderson's transformation and restore him to both his normal human form and his sanity. The rock was then given over to S.T.A.R. Labs for further careful study, and Anderson resumed his quiet life.
- Energy Projection (formerly)
- Energy Absorption (formerly)
- Flight (formerly)
- Molecular Reconstruction (formerly)
- Force Field (formerly)
- Precognition (formerly)
- This version of Annihilator, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 3 Appearances of Kenneth Anderson (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Kenneth Anderson (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Kenneth Anderson (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Kenneth Anderson (Earth-One)