In the early 1940s, Ken Wyman, scion of Carterville's wealthiest family, turned down an executive position at his father's bank, working instead as the star reporter at the Daily Blade. Secretly Wyman was also the masked vigilante, the Devil's Dagger. In his black tuxedo, red cape, and top hat, the Devil's Dagger chipped away, for months, at the criminal empire of Jeff Marlowe, Carterville's sinister underworld lord, and eventually brought the whole enterprise down.
The Devil's Dagger was aided in his adventures by Pat Gleason, the Wyman family's chauffeur, and an ex-prizefighter. His trademark mode of transportation was the "Speed Ghost," a bulletproof high-speed convertible roadster, in a distinctive blue and yellow paint scheme. In his day job, at the Daily Blade, Wyman's boss was Burton, the City Editor.
"Speed Ghost" roadster
- This version of the Devil's Dagger, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 20 Appearances of Kenneth Wyman (Earth-S)
- 1 Images featuring Kenneth Wyman (Earth-S)
- 4 Quotations by or about Kenneth Wyman (Earth-S)
- Character Gallery: Kenneth Wyman (Earth-S)