Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Kent Thurston wore a red hooded cloak when fighting crime as the Invisible Hood. Ironically, he was not really invisible when he began his crime-fighting career. It wasn't until he tried to rescue a kidnapped chemist, who had discovered the secret of invisibility, that he was able to become his namesake. During the botched rescue, the chemist was killed but not before entrusting his secret to Kent. With the secret chemical compound, which rendered the wearer invisible, now sprayed on his cloak, he continued to fight for the good of society.
Hours before the attack on Pearl Harbor, Thurston was recruited by Uncle Sam to join the Freedom Fighters in defending the base. Their mission was to stop the Japanese task force en route to Pearl Harbor.  They nearly succeeded, but a surprise attack supposedly left Thurston for dead. The entire team, except for Uncle Sam, was seemingly killed. It was later revealed that all of the team except for Magno had lived 
The Invisible Hood survived until 1974, when he was apparently murdered by Icicle and the Mist. This fact was recorded by the Shade, whose journal recounted his conversation with the Mist: “As I recall, it was the Invisible Hood you killed. He’d semi-retired by then. Moved to Austin, Texas. And… um… wasn't it ’74?”  Thurston's great-grandson, Ken Thurston, died when he tried to carry on the Invisible Hood legacy. Also, Blindside, from the superhero team Relative Heroes, believes that Kent Thurston is his grandfather.
- Invisible Cloak: Kent wore a chemically-treated formerly-red hooded cloak, that was invisible and which could render him invisible. Already a covert crime-fighter, he decided to avenge the chemical's creator by continuing to fight crime, starting with retribution for the chemist's death.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-Two era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and no longer apply.
- In the pre-Crisis timeline, Invisible Hood died helping Uncle Sam fight the Japanese armed forces on Earth-X (as shown in All-Star Squadron #32). In the post-Crisis reality, that battle did not happen. It was replaced by the pre-Pearl Harbor battle shown in Secret Origins (Volume 2) #26, which he did survive (barely).
- Unfortunately, though invisible, his footprints would be "visible" in dust, snow, etc., which proved to be his downfall many times.
- Kent Thurston called himself the Invisible Hood. His series appearing in Smash Comics was titled Invisible Justice.
- 4 Appearances of Kent Thurston (New Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Kent Thurston (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Kent Thurston (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Kent Thurston (New Earth)
|Freedom Fighters member |
This character is or was a member of the Freedom Fighters, a team of American super-heroes who fight threats to the nation and its ideals under the leadership of Uncle Sam. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Freedom Fighters members" category.