Kerry Austin is a circus illusionist under the alias Mirage. He forgo his performance for crime in which he began a crime wave in Gotham City that attracted the attention of the Batman. Although Mirage managed to beat Batman through his illusions several times, he was eventually defeated after Batman came with a strategy that destroyed Mirage's gem that is the source of his power.
While in prison, Mirage would later escape by creating an illusion of himself in his cell from the fragments of his gem that he managed to create into contact lenses. Once freed, Mirage started another crime wave in which he came into a second conflict with Batman and subsequently defeated and sent back to prison.
Mirage also fought Manhunter Mark Shaw, who came for Mirage's arrest. However, Mirage disorient Shaw with his hallucinations long enough for him to shoot Shaw multiple times and leave him for dead. Unfortunately for Mirage, Shaw's family arrived and helped Shaw in subduing Mirage.
Following the Infinite Crisis, Mirage was freed again and ultimately killed by Bruno Mannheim, who bashed Mirage's head into the Crime Bible and sends his body to the kitchen to be prepared for Mannheim to eat.
- Illusion Casting: Mirage's illusions are created from a gem of unknown origin.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 8 Appearances of Kerry Austin (New Earth)
- 5 Images featuring Kerry Austin (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Kerry Austin (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Kerry Austin (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."