The Shade was a criminal mastermind and the enemy of Greg Sanders, also known as the Vigilante. He first came into conflict with the Vigilante when attempting to kill Billy Gunn, an old cowboy, in order to claim a mine that was inherited by Gunn. The last time the Shade went against the Vigilante was over searching a map that led to a supply of stolen bonds. This encounter ultimately result in the Shade's capture and was unmasked as radio announcer Keyhole Carter.
- This version of Keyhole Carter (Earth-Two), including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 2 Appearances of Keyhole Carter (Earth-Two)
- 1 Images featuring Keyhole Carter (Earth-Two)
- Quotations by or about Keyhole Carter (Earth-Two)
- Character Gallery: Keyhole Carter (Earth-Two)