In one account, a Kryptonian villain named Xonar, formerly Khai-Zor, an enemy of Jor-El's, almost kills Jor-El before another Kryptonian, Dr. Krylo, is able to save him. Krylo believes Jor-El's prophecies of Krypton's doom and develops a form of suspended animation that he hopes will preserve himself and Jor-El's family in space "coffins" with an included taped primer on how to revive the travelers. After Krypton's explosion, both baby Kal's and Jor-El, Lara, and Krylo's capsules are found by Xonar (himself an escapee of the disaster) many years later. Xonar revives Krylo and uses the taped message of Jor-El's,to lure Superboy into space. In the ensuing conflict, both Xonar and Krylo die, but Superboy manages to guide Jor-El's and Lara's capsule back to Earth with the help of a space-suited Jonathan Kent. In this tale, Jor-El and Lara perish at the hands of inadvertent deadly radiation  The details of this adventure are never referred to again, and are sometimes contradicted by other chronicles.
While operating on Earth, Xonar developed physical attributes equitable to that of his foe, Superman.
Xonar possessed the strength level of a Kryptonian male his age, size and weight who engaged in moderate regular exercise. While active within an environment under a yellow sun, Xonar's strength level increased to superhuman levels.
- This version of Khai-Zor, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 3 Appearances of Khai-Zor (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Khai-Zor (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Khai-Zor (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Khai-Zor (Earth-One)
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."