Kil-Gor was an inventor from pre-industrial Krypton. Kil-Gor was a modest man who viewed himself as little more than a "tinkerer -- always coming up with some new discovery that does no one any good". His close friend Bur-El however, saw great potential in Kil-Gor's work. He developed Krypton's first compass and telescope. He also developed a means by which Kryptonian fisherman could measure the tides so that they would know when it would be ideal to forage for silten. Kil-Gor's daughter Wedna eventually married Bur-El and Kil-Gor's family became a part of the greater House of El, the family that would one day give birth to Superman. Kil-Gor's final fate has never been recorded, but he died many years prior to Krypton's destruction.
- This version of Kil-Gor, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Kil-Gor (Earth-One)
- Images featuring Kil-Gor (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Kil-Gor (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Kil-Gor (Earth-One)