Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
King Coal is a British crimelord and rival of the "Pearlies", led by the Pearly King. Just before the Blackest Night, King Coal acquired a Lazarus Pit in a mine in the British countryside and tried to sacrifice Batwoman, hoping to turn Newcastle into the "New Jerusalem of Crime". He was unsuccessful in his goal.
- King Coal has a group of underlings at his disposal who dress like chimney-sweeps.
- According to notes by King Coal's creator, Grant Morrison, inspiration for the character is taken from Arthur Scargill, socialist leader of a miners' union in Newcastle in the 1980s, and from the phrase "coals to Newcastle".
- King Coal was mentioned in JLA Classified #2. He is part of a collection of ideas regarding Knight & Squire, which was put together by Grant Morrison.
- 3 Appearances of King Coal (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring King Coal (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about King Coal (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: King Coal (New Earth)
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."