In prehistoric times, King Kull was the ruler of a race of protohumans known as the Submen (also named Beast-Men), a brutish but technologically advanced race which ruled humanity until eventually overthrown in a revolt. Kull survived until the 20th century locked in a state of suspended animation. He awakened and repeatedly threatened the human-dominated modern world with his immense strength and bizarre technology. He was usually thwarted by Earth's mightiest mortal Captain Marvel, but one particularly well-planned escapade required the efforts of the Justice League of America and the Justice Society of America (in one of their dimension-crossing team-ups), as well as a group of heroes of Captain Marvel and King Kull's home universe of Earth-S, referred to unofficially as Shazam's Squadron of Justice. During this incident, Kull had captured both the wizard Shazam and the ancient gods the heroes' powers are drawn from. He later became a member of Mister Mind's Monster Society of Evil.
- Superhuman Strength: King Kull is several times stronger than the average adult male human being, and has demonstrated his physical prowess many times against the likes of power houses such as Captain Marvel. He could exchange punches with Captain Nazi at exhaustion.
- Superhuman Stamina
- An advanced airship
- This version of King Kull, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- This version of King Kull is a prehistoric protohuman and should not be confused with Kull of Valusia, a sword & sorcery character created by Robert E. Howard and later adapted by Marvel Comics as the warrior hero King Kull.
- 22 Appearances of King Kull (Earth-S)
- 2 Images featuring King Kull (Earth-S)
- 3 Quotations by or about King Kull (Earth-S)
- Character Gallery: King Kull (Earth-S)
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at King Kull (DC Comics). The list of authors can be seen in the page history. The text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.|
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Captain Marvel, the Wizard Shazam, or any of the extended members of the Marvel Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Marvel Family Villains."
|Prehistoric Character(s) |
This character is or was from the Prehistoric Era, thousands of years in the past, including but not limited to the time of Dinosaurs and the dawning of the species of man. These stories occur traditionally before history was formally recorded, and civilization developed completely.