King Samson was a muscle-bound brute who worked in the service of Raphael Van Zandt, aka, the Silver Ghost. In 1976, the Silver Ghost and King Samson raided a Manhattan-based power company and came into conflict with the Freedom Fighters. King Samson fought against the Ray and succeeded in repulsing the hero's energy-based attacks. He then fought against the Black Condor and bested him, due in no small part to an error in judgment on the part of Condor's teammate Phantom Lady who accidentally obscured Condor's senses with her Black-Light Ray.
Later, King Samson accompanied the Silver Ghost's men on an attack at a Bell Telephone switching station in midtown Manhattan. This time however, King Samson was not quite as battle-savvy as he was on the previous mission. Doll Man's diminutive form easily distracted Samson, allowing Black Condor the chance to take him down.
King Samson fought against the Freedom Fighters a second time only a short time later. This time, it was at the New York City Reservoir near Central Park. Grabbing Uncle Sam, he attempted to snap his spine with a bear-hug, but Sam's strength proved mightier than Samson's and he was able to break the hold with a solid blow to Samson's chin. Samson was later apparently killed by the Silver Ghost.
- This version of King Samson, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 4 Appearances of King Samson (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring King Samson (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about King Samson (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: King Samson (Earth-One)