|Real Name||King Standish|
|Current Alias||The King|
|Relatives||King Chimera (son)|
|Base Of Operations||New York City|
|Universe||Earth-Two, New Earth|
|Creators||John B. Wentworth, William Smith|
A rich young man, King Standish was a master of acting and make-up, and would infiltrate criminal gangs by incapacitating one member and then replacing him so flawlessly that his friends and family would not notice.
"The King", as he became known, was originally believed by the authorities to be a criminal himself, but this opinion of him softened over time.
Years later, it transpired that, in the service of his research into illusion, he traveled the world and met a secret order whose adepts can bend sound and light. One female member of this order apparently had "a thing for much older men", according to his alleged son, King Chimera.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Prestidigitation: King Standish was a master of stagecraft and used it in his war against crime.
- Deception: The King would deceive criminals by becoming one of their own.
- Acting: The King can act just as the person he replaced in these criminal organizations.
- Disguise: Using a combination of the target's clothing and a bit of stage magic, the King could become whoever he wished to be.
- Mimicry: Part of his acting ability and more. The King's mimicking ability allows him perfect pitch in voice and accent as well as gestures and actions of his false persona.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-Two era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and no longer apply.
- 34 Appearances of King Standish (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring King Standish (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about King Standish (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: King Standish (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: