Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
- Imagine a world free...not just of kings...but of kingmakers!
- -- Kingslayer src
Kingslayer was an assassin who targeted politicians and royalty. During a presidential debate, Kingslayer's assassination attempt on J. Wilbur Wolfingham was interrupted by Steve Trevor and Superman and he was incapacitated by A.R.G.U.S. technology. Kingslayer briefly escaped by falling onto the stage, breaking his leg. Superman realized that the audience was the true target, not Wolfingham. He planned to cause a panic forcing the spectators to rush through exit doors armed with explosives and triggered to blow with the sudden movement. Trevor and Superman recognized the threat and stopped Kingslayer.
- Kingslayer was created by E. Nelson Bridwell and Ramona Fradon, first appearing in Super Friends #11. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Kingslayer first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Superman (Volume 3) #48 by Gene Luen Yang.
- 1 Appearances of Kingslayer (Prime Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Kingslayer (Prime Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Kingslayer (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Kingslayer (Prime Earth)
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."