Kly-Anth was a native of the planet, Krypton. By Kryptonian year 9876, Kly-Anth was one of the wealthiest property owners in the entire city-state of Kandor. However, he discovered that an ambitious architect named Gam-El had been contracted to rebuild the ruined city of Kryptonopolis – a city devastated in a savage conflict known as the Last War. Further, Gam-El had petitioned the Kryptonian Science Council to make Kryptonopolis the planet's new capital city. Were this to occur, many citizens would leave Kandor for the new city and Kly-Anth stood to lose a fortune. Determined to halt Kryptonopolis' reconstruction by any means possible, he hired a group of young saboteurs to set explosives on several building foundations. The bombs destroyed the structures and Gam-El sought the help of his brother, Pym-El , a security officer from Kandor. Pym-El used a device called a Thought Tracker-Eye, and quickly discovered the identities of the saboteurs. He tricked them into revealing the name of the man who had hired them to destroy the new capital. Pym-El and Gam-El returned to Kandor and placed Kly-Anth under arrest.
Kly-Anth possessed no superhuman powers while living under a red sun. Had he existed on a world revolving around a yellow sun, he would have developed physical attributes equitable to that of Superman.
- This version of Kly-Anth, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Kly-Anth's final fate has never been revealed, but it is reasonable to assume that he passed away of natural causes long before the ultimate destruction of Krypton.
- 1 Appearances of Kly-Anth (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Kly-Anth (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Kly-Anth (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Kly-Anth (Earth-One)
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."