Koll-Mer lived on the planet Krypton and was the father of Val-Mer. He once took his son down to the Striped River to teach him the art of Grosking (the Kryptonian equivalent to fishing). While there, Val-Mer was frightened by the presence of a Metal-Eater, but Koll-Mer assured him, that so long as they had no metal on their person, they had nothing to fear from the fierce-looking animal. Val-Mer discovered a strange glowing rock in the Striped River. The two brought it back to the city-state of Erkol and presented it to the Kryptonian Science Council. When the rock proved too dangerous for the citizens of Krypton, Val-Mer remembered his father's teachings and fed the rock (rich with metallic minerals) to the metal-eater.
- This version of Koll-Mer, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Koll-Mer (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Koll-Mer (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Koll-Mer (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Koll-Mer (Earth-One)