This is an in-universe article with out-of-universe material.
This project page needs to be cleaned up.
This article needs maintenance and organization, as it may have become cluttered or confusing. Its heart is in a good place, it's just a little special. Won't you please help out an article in need? This template will categorize articles that include it into the Clean Up task category.
Starfire was held prisoner as a "prize" by the Citadel as a result of her sister negotiating a "truce" with the Gordanians. She managed to escape and fled to the closest planet, which so happened to be Earth. Starfire ran into Robin and the other soon-to-be Titans who helped her fight off the Gordanian forces pursuing her. After the battle, Starfire elects to stay on Earth with the Titans.
Presumably because English is not her first language, Starfire speaks without contractions, and misuses idioms (e.g. "Kick the butt!" as opposed to "Kick butt!"). This also may be due to her being Tamaran's princess and future queen--she cannot forget her manners that she learned in the palace. Additionally, she uses several Tamaranian nouns, such as "bumgorf" (parental term of endearment or simply my child or sweetie), "k'norfka" (parent or guardian), and "shlorvak" (dream).
Starfire is naive and somewhat insecure, but her naivete is not to be mistaken for stupidity. It is this naivete that endears her to others, especially to Robin, who occasionally shows signs of romantic interest in Starfire. Besides Robin, she has been together with Aquaman, a pot of chili, and a scratching post. An alien and an outsider, she is still rather new to Earth and its customs. This leads to much confusion for her and others, such as the awkwardness in casually drinking mustard, or sleeping with her head hanging off the foot of the bed and her feet on the pillow.
- Tamaranian Physiology
- Flight: Like all Tamaranians, Starfire can fly up to speeds that are ten times faster than light under her own willpower without the aid of wings or any other external applications.
- Star Bolts: Starfire can project bright green glowing circular bursts of "starbolt" energy from her hands (including her fingers). In fact, she is shown using a small bright green-colored starbolt from her index finger in order to free Raven from the cage she was in. It appears that she is able to engulf something in her starbolt energy without having to touch it or throw a starbolt at it. After going through a later part of the Tamaranian version of puberty (referred to as the "Transformation"), she gained the power and ability to channel her starbolt energy through her eyes similar to Heat Vision, which was largely reserved as a surprise attack or when her limbs were restrained. She will often use it because it goes to show that her eyes are just as powerful as her hands.
- Self-Sustenance: Starfire also has the incredible ability to survive in the vacuum of space without any sort of protection or survival gear. She also does not get as cold as others and will be unharmed by very cold weather unless she is caught in a severe storm. In fact, she is the only Teen Titan who does not have a special outfit for cold weather.
- Invulnerability: Starfire possesses moderate invulnerability. Radiation does not harm Starfire. Starfire can also survive pushing a meteor, taking minimal injuries.
- Superhuman Strength: Her uppermost level of strength is not known. She was able to shake the entire city (or at least a large part of it) when she slammed her fists down. She is much stronger than Cyborg ,and he was able to pick up an entire building.
- Language Assimilation: Starfire can learn any existing language instantaneously through lip contact. Apart from her native Tamaranean, she has acquired knowledge English and Japanese.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced): Starfire is a well-trained fighter and even fought the rest of the Titans before. She put up a good fight and proved a great threat.
- Lying: Starfire, at first, had an uncanny disability of not being able to lie. However, after some training from Beast Boy, Starfire gained the ability to lie flawlessly and, unfortunately, rampantly.
- Mechanical Engineering: Starfire has enough skill with mechanics that she is able to build an entire army of strong Deathbots in a day.
- Superhuman Speed: Starfire has crushed Beast Boy in a race before and when she acted as the Flash, was able to run almost as fast as him.  
- Allergic to Metallic Chromium: Starfire, like many Tamaranians, is allergic to Metallic Chromium. When she sneezes, she unleashes her bright green glowing starbolt energy out her nose and mouth which is highly destructive.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Teen Titans, the animated shorts that continued the series, and its tie-in comic book series Teen Titans Go!. It is an adaptation of Starfire. The original character was created by Marv Wolfman and George Pérez and first appeared in DC Comics Presents #26.
- Starfire was voiced by Hynden Walch.
- Starfire has a pet named Silkie.
- Appearances of Koriand'r (Teen Titans TV Series)
- Images featuring Koriand'r (Teen Titans TV Series)
- Quotations by or about Koriand'r (Teen Titans TV Series)
- Character Gallery: Koriand'r (Teen Titans TV Series)
- ↑ Teen Titans Go! (TV Series) Episode: Leg Day
- ↑ Teen Titans Go #46
- ↑ "Sisters"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "Final Exam"
- ↑ "Bunny Raven, or How to Make a Titananimal Disappear"
- ↑ "Divide and Conquer"
- ↑ "Transformation"
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 "Snowblind"
- ↑ "Kole"
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 "Go!"
- ↑ "Betrothed"
- ↑ "Overdrive"
- ↑ "The End, Part I"
- ↑ "Starliar"
- ↑ "Starfire the Terrible"
- ↑ Teen Titans Go! (TV Series) Episode: Boys vs. Girls
- ↑ Teen Titans Go! (TV Series) Episode: Two Parter: Part 1
- ↑ Apprentice, Part I
|Teen Titans member |
This character is or was primarily a member of the younger superhero team known as the Teen Titans, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Teen Titans members" category.