Koryak, the son of Aquaman and the Inuit woman Kako, was raised by his Inuit mother in her remote village in Northern Canada without ever knowing the identity of his father or the truth about his Atlantean heritage. As a teenager, Koryak was introduced to Aquaman. Aquaman was ill prepared for the boy's temper and attitude, which, in many ways, mirrored Aquaman's own personality. Resentful of Aquaman's close relationship with Tempest, the angry, rebellious Koryak eventually took up residence in Atlantis, Aquaman's undersea kingdom. Against his father's express wishes, Koryak led a great migration of Atlanteans out of the capital city Poseidonis and into the tunnels of its sister city Tritonis. There, he unwittingly released the cruel Kordax and embroiled Atlantis in a great war with the God Triton. As a result of his misguided actions, Koryak was banished from Atlantis. He returned in shame to his mother's village where he still resides.
In Aquaman: Sword of Atlantis,a young memory less atlantean is manipulated by the Deep Church to kill Dweller-of-the-Depths,so Urlok their god can resurrect. After the funeral of the Dweller-of-the-Depths,Mera accidentally finds his killer and and thinks he looks like someone,Back to the palace she discovers the Koryak's body was stolen,from this she notice that Narwhal was actually Koryak.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Unique Physiology: Koryak is a Human/Atlantean hybrid, and as such has developed several physical traits common to many Atlanteans.
- Amphibian: Koryak can breathe and function underwater just as easily as he can on land. He can remain underwater indefinitely without any negative side effects.
- Superhuman Durability: Koryak's skin and muscle tissue is extra dense, enabling him to function in the deepest depths of the ocean.
- Superhuman Equilibrium: Another aspect of living under sea is the abiilty to maintain a gyroscopic sense of balance and direction.
- Diving: Koryak is skilled in the art of diving, though he has never received any professional training.
- Swimming: Swimming comes naturally to Koryak, and he can swim with Olympic-level speed and agility.
Superhuman: By Atlantean standards, Koryak possesses the strength level of a man his age, size and weight who engages in moderate regular exercise. By human standars however, his strength level is many times that of a normal human being. This is an aspect of his hybrid physiology, and is required for Koryak to endure the extreme pressures of the ocean depths.
- 50 Appearances of Koryak (New Earth)
- 19 Images featuring Koryak (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Koryak (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Koryak (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Aquaman Family member|
This character is or was an ally of Aquaman, and a member of the Aqua-Family and/or its supporting cast. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Aquaman Supporting Cast" category. See also: Aquaman Villains.