Arthur Curry (father), Kako (mother), Arthur Curry, Jr. (half-brother), A.J. (half-brother), Orm Marius (half-uncle), Debbie Perkins (half-aunt), Atlan (grandfather), Atlanna (grandmother), Haumond (great-uncle), Kraken (great-uncle), Honsu (great-grandfather), Lorelei (great-grandmother), Manu (ancestor), Nala (ancestor), Fatima (ancestor), Kalunga (ancestor), Gana (ancestor), Fiona (ancestor), Regin (ancestor), Kordax (ancestor), Bazil (ancestor), Cora (ancestor), Illya (ancestor), Dardanus (ancestor), Alloroc (ancestor), Cole (ancestor), Narmea (ancestor), Orin (ancestor), Loma (ancestor), Shalako (ancestor), Thorvall
|Base Of Operations||Poseidonis, Atlantis|
|Creators||Peter David, Jim Calafiore|
|First Appearance||Appearance of Death|
Koryak, the son of Aquaman and the Inuit woman Kako, was raised by his Inuit mother in her remote village in Northern Canada without ever knowing the identity of his father or the truth about his Atlantean heritage. As a teenager, Koryak was introduced to Aquaman. Aquaman was ill prepared for the boy's temper and attitude, which, in many ways, mirrored Aquaman's own personality. Resentful of Aquaman's close relationship with Tempest, the angry, rebellious Koryak eventually took up residence in Atlantis, Aquaman's undersea kingdom. Against his father's express wishes, Koryak led a great migration of Atlanteans out of the capital city Poseidonis and into the tunnels of its sister city Tritonis. There, he unwittingly released the cruel Kordax and embroiled Atlantis in a great war with the God Triton. As a result of his misguided actions, Koryak was banished from Atlantis. He returned in shame to his mother's village where he still resides.
Later, a young memory-less Atlantean called Narwhal is manipulated by the Deep Church to kill the Dweller-of-the-Depths, so Urlok their god can resurrect. After the funeral of the Dweller-of-the-Depths, Mera accidentally finds his killer and and thinks he looks like someone. Back at the palace she discovers that Koryak's body was stolen, from this she believes that Narwhal was actually Koryak.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Unique Physiology: Koryak is a Human/Atlantean hybrid, and as such has developed several physical traits common to many Atlanteans.
- Hydrokinesis: Koryak possesses the ability to increase the density of water within his immediate vicinity for a wide variety of effects. This ability allows him to create "hard water" objects, reshaping volumes of water into simple geometric shapes.
- Diving: Koryak is skilled in the art of diving, though he has never received any professional training.
- Swimming: Swimming comes naturally to Koryak, and he can swim with Olympic-level speed and agility.
- 52 Appearances of Koryak (New Earth)
- 19 Images featuring Koryak (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Koryak (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Koryak (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Aquaman Family member|
This character is or was an ally of Aquaman, and a member of the Aqua-Family and/or its supporting cast. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Aquaman Supporting Cast" category. See also: Aquaman Villains.