The creature calls himself Kraken -his real name is apparently unpronounceable to human lips- hails from another dimension. He travelled to Earth-One to prove his might at conquest, and so getting his gods' approval. He first came upon a city floating in space -Argo City- but he was quickly driven away.
Grievously wounded and humiliated, Kraken spent long years recovering. When he returned to Argo City to carry his vengeance out, he found its inhabitants passed away long ago. Since he couldn't find redemption until he found and destroyed at least a single survivor, Kraken searched for the last living Argonians.
His search led him to Earth, where Supergirl lived. Kraken defied Kara Zor-El, claiming his magic spells could easily defeat her. He gave the Maid of Might some trouble until she realized Kraken's tricks couldn't be magical by nature. After confirming her theory via X-Ray vision, her heat vision melted Kraken's water-controlling devices and dried him out, rendering him powerless.
- Kraken is weakened by exposure to a source of heat.
- His bracelets and belt let Kraken manipulate and control water at will.
- This version of Kraken, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Supergirl Recommended Reading
- 1 Appearances of Kraken (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Kraken (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Kraken (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Kraken (Earth-One)
- Kraken at dccomics.com
- Kraken at Wikipedia.org
- Supergirl at Wikipedia.org
- Supergirl at DC Comics
- Supergirl at TV Tropes
- Supergirl at Supermanica
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."