Kristin Wells was a history student from the 29th Century who traveled back in time to discover the origin of the universal holiday know as Miracle Monday. Years later as a history professor, Wells again traveled back in time to discover the last secret identity of the 20th century, that of the mysterious Superwoman, only to discover that she herself was Superwoman. She made use of common 29th century devices built into her Opal Amulet and flight belt to commit superheroic feats. After helping Superman defeat would be world conqueror King Kosmos, Wells returned to the 29th century.
When the people of the 29th century discovered one of their own was the legendary Superwoman, Kristin Wells became an instant celebrity. She was lavished with praise and honors for deeds, most of which she had not yet accomplished. Wells eventually decided she had to return again to the 20th century to fulfill her destiny.
Due to a time machine malfunction, Wells found herself suffering from mild amnesia upon her return to the 20th century, but soon recovered and helped Superman thwart a plot by Lex Luthor.
Wells spent several years adventuring in the 20th century as Superwoman alongside Superman and other heroes before returning to her own century for good.
Most of Superwoman's powers came from a variety of devices commonly available in the year 2862 and built into her Opal Amulet. Powers include Decorporealzation, Teleportation, Super Strength, Flight, Limited Intuition, Hole Poking (Time Warps,) and Invulnerability. Her Emotion Sensing power is latent in all humans and common in the 29th century.
General athleticism, history, research.
Opal Amulet, Gravity Redistribution Flight Belt.
- This version of Superwoman, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse saving all the alternate realities though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Superwoman first appeared in The Last Secret Identity, DC Comics Presents Annual #2. However, her alter ego, Kristin Wells, appeared earlier in the Novel Miracle Monday by Elliot S. Maggin.
- 5 Appearances of Kristin Wells (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Kristin Wells (Earth-One)
- 1 Quotations by or about Kristin Wells (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Kristin Wells (Earth-One)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: