Ruler of the xenophobic realm of Castle Sapphire, Lady Sapphire entered in an agreement with Dark Opal. She would aid him if he provided her with a husband. It was to be the handsome Prince Topaz, but he walked out of the wedding. She would try again, forming a league with the newly invested Lady Topaz, but it failed again. Though she reneged on her offer to Dark Opal, she remained neutral in the struggle against him. Desperate for a husband, she eventually settled for Prince Moonstone after he had been rejected by Lady Turquoise.
She ruled her realm for years. After the House of Emerald was left without a heir to the title, the Emerald Domain was placed under her protectorate.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 11 Appearances of Lady Sapphire (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Lady Sapphire (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Lady Sapphire (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Lady Sapphire (New Earth)