Lady Viper was a woman with a fascination for snakes. She started working as a sideshow attraction called the "Snake Woman", while she also collected strange and ancient snake artifacts. One of these items granted her snake-like powers and transformed her into Lady Viper.
When Lady Viper started killing people, she was confronted by Batgirl, and during the first encounter, Lady Viper managed to bite the heroine in the neck. Lady Viper's venom caused Batgirl to fall unconscious for days and in the meantime, Viper continued her crimes. Eventually Batgirl recovered and confronted Viper as an equal since her venom had transformed Batgirl into a snake-woman. Batgirl defeated Viper, retrieved her venom to create an antidote and after being cured, she tried to stop Lady Viper for good, only to find out that Viper had spent too much time in her snake form and she turned into a snake, permanently.
- Animal Control:(formerly) Lady Viper has total control over snakes.
- Hypnosis:(formerly) Lady Viper can control her victims' actions with her powers.
- Metamorphosis:(formerly) Lady Viper could transform her lower body into a snake-tail and human legs.
- Power Instability: Lady Viper couldn't control her own powers from taking over her body and she was morphed into a snake, permanently.
- This version of Lady Viper, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 4 Appearances of Lady Viper (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Lady Viper (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Lady Viper (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Lady Viper (Earth-One)