Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the 2011 initiative, the New 52, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambig.|
Lana Lang is the childhood friend of Superman.
When Superman died, Lana and Lois Lane both absorbed energy released from his body. The two women developed superhuman powers. Lana gained the power to convert solar radiation into various forms of electromagnetic energy, while Lois developed powers similar to Superman's. Lana helped train Lois to control her powers, with both Lana and Lois becoming Superwoman.
- Solar Energy Conversion: Lana has the ability to convert solar radiation into electromagnetic energy
- Electromagnetic Spectrum Manipulation: allows Lana to influence all forms of energy in the electromagnetic spectrum.
- Superhuman Strength
- Power Instability (formerly): Initially, the more that Lana used her powers, the more they would slowly kill her, and her life expectancy was greatly reduced as a result.
- Lana Lang was created by Bill Finger and John Sikela, first appearing in Superboy #10. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Lana Lang first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Action Comics (Volume 2) #6 by Grant Morrison and Andy Kubert.
Lana is dating Steel (John Henry Irons).
- 58 Appearances of Lana Lang (Prime Earth)
- 15 Images featuring Lana Lang (Prime Earth)
- 6 Quotations by or about Lana Lang (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Lana Lang (Prime Earth)
Superman Family member