- I know what I need to do with my life now. Life is so precious, so beautiful and to be able to protect that, that's an amazing gift.
- -- Lana Lang src
History of character is unknown.
Lana Lang's unique powers and abilities makes her one of the most powerful super-heroines on Earth. After undergoing treatment as part of Project Prometheus, Lana was successfully fused with nano-technology and alien DNA as part of the project and was granted powers similar to those of Project Ares with the process being permanent. The Project Prometheus was later ripped off of her by Metallo so she lost her powers.
- Superhuman Speed: Lana was able to move at super speed. The maximum speed she could achieve is unknown, but it is very nearly Clark's, she was also able to perceive the world in super speed.
- Superhuman Stamina: Lana was able to use super speed to search the entire Daily Planet and likewise travel from Smallville to Metropolis without any signs of fatigue. However, the full extent of this ability was only briefly explored on screen.
- Superhuman Strength: Lana was able to rip open Tess Mercer's wall safe to destroy her copies of Project Prometheus.
- Superhuman Reflexes
- Invulnerability: Lana is able to catch a bullet with her bare hand, as well as jump through glass without being injured.She also stood directly in front of a truck that exploded and the powerful blast had no effect on her.
- Radiation Manipulation: Lana was able to absorb Kryptonite into her nano-skin from a micro chip (registered by Queen Industries), then she was able to absorb massive amounts of kryptonite from the Kryptonite bomb (designed by Winslow Schott) positioned on the roof of the Daily Planet.
Previously, Lana has also had temporary super powers on numerous occasions due to the interference of meteor rocks, explosions, being possessed by a witch and lightning. The most significant instance she had super powers prior to Project Prometheus was in Wrath when she held onto Kryptonite at the same time as Clark while both were electrocuted by a falling power transmission tower and she displayed many of his powers.
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Speed
- Heat Vision
- X-Ray Vision
- Accelerated Healing
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced): Lana first learned to fight from Lex in Precipice after she was attacked by Andy and his gang, taking him down with a spin kick. She has proven that she fighting skills are among the elite as showcased in Bulletproof when she fought Tess Mercer and won.
- Kryptonite Necklace
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Smallville and its tie-in and comic book series, Smallville and Smallville Season 11. It is an adaptation of Lana Lang. The original character was created by Bill Finger and John Sikela and first appeared in Superboy #10.
- The role of Lana Lang was played by actress Kristin Kreuk, with Jade Unterman portraying her in flashbacks in Seasons One and Two, with Miranda Cosgrove voicing the younger Lana in the Pilot. Louise Grant portrayed an old and dying Lana, in a vision, in the episode "Hereafter".
- Lana created two businesses, the Talon and the Isis Foundation.
- Smallville Universe Lana Lang become a superheroine just like two of her DCU counterparts. Within the DCU, Lana Lang of Earth One and Two have also become superheroines. She uses two different codenames, Insect Queen, which is the most Iconic of the two and Gravity Girl.
- A photograph of Lana was taken at the time of the first meteor shower and appeared on the cover of Time Magazine. A copy of this cover was part of a montage of photographs seen on Chloe Sullivan's "Wall of Weird".
- Lana's favorite ice cream flavor is mocha mint.
- Her personal net worth is around 10 million dollars.
- Clark and Lana lost their virginity to each other the summer after they graduated from high school.
- Lana has been intimate with only three men throughout her life: Clark (her first love), Lex (her husband) and Bizarro (posing as Clark).
- The final words of Lana in the series are "I love you" in Requiem in the eighth season. If we count the footage, it's "Superman" in the tenth season (Pilot and Homecoming).
- According to the High School Yearbook, Lana was "Most likely to be a Cover Girl". But in the Visual Guide, however, Lana is "Most likely to Marry a Billionaire".
- 165 Appearances of Lana Lang (Smallville)
- 20 Images featuring Lana Lang (Smallville)
- 2 Quotations by or about Lana Lang (Smallville)
- Character Gallery: Lana Lang (Smallville)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Smallville television series. This template will categorize articles that include it into Category: Smallville Characters.|
Superman Family member