"Happy" Terrill operated as the "mystery man" known as the Ray during World War II as a member of the All-Star Squadron. During the war, he and Jay Garrick (Flash) were in the Philippines during General McCarthy's "inital push" in 1942 when the Nazi super-agent Parsifal showed up. His post-war exploits, if there were any, went unrecorded. In 1950, he attended the rally in Washington, D.C. where all costumed superheroes were to appear by Presidential decree to show their loyalty. During the rally, Joan Dale (Miss America) publicly exposed Tex Thompson as being the Ultra-Humanite and attempted to also expose Dynaman as being Adolf Hitler in Daniel Dunbar's body when the Ultra-Humanite had Robert Crane (Robotman) silence her by murdering her in public. Rex Tyler (Hourman) took over for Joan Dale in the exposure of both Thompson and Dunbar, causing Dynaman to show his true colors and to attack the various superheroes present. It is not known how involved Terrill was in the battle with Dynaman, or if he survived it.
- This version of the character is native to the JSA: The Golden Age series of stories, mostly appearing as a cameo character.
- 2 Appearances of Langford Terrill (JSA: The Golden Age)
- 1 Images featuring Langford Terrill (JSA: The Golden Age)
- Quotations by or about Langford Terrill (JSA: The Golden Age)
- Character Gallery: Langford Terrill (JSA: The Golden Age)