Laurie Lemmon was a young, teenage girl from a dimensional reality commonly referred to as Earth-Prime. As a teenager, she befriended and began dating a boy named Clark Kent. Laurie invited Clark to attend a costumed beach party with some friends, where they expected to witness the passing of the infamous Halley's Comet. Clark dressed in a costume similar to that of his comic book namesake, Superman. Laurie meanwhile, dressed as a mermaid.
While having fun on the New England beach, the teens were startled to discover a gigantic tidal wave closing in on their location. Further, a dimensional vortex opened up above them discharging Superman himself. At that moment, Clark Kent's natural Kryptonian powers manifested and he became a Superboy in deed as well as name. Superboy and Superman labored to divert the path of the tidal wave saving the coastal town.
Their efforts would soon prove to be in vain however. In an event known as the Crisis on Infinite Earths, a wave of anti-matter energy spread across the multiverse eradicating hundreds of parallel dimensions. Earth-Prime and its inhabitants, including Laurie were destroyed in the wave.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
This individual does not possess any superhuman capabilities.
- Laurie's death was never explicitly revealed, but inferred through the destruction of Earth-Prime.
- Laurie's name and beach costume was an homage to Superman's Silver Age love interest, the mermaid Lori Lemaris.
- Like many of the supporting characters in the Superman mythos, Laurie's name is an alliteration.
- Her name is a possible reference to Leonore Lemmon, fiancee to famous Superman actor George Reeves.
- 5 Appearances of Laurie Lemmon (Earth-Prime)
- 1 Images featuring Laurie Lemmon (Earth-Prime)
- Quotations by or about Laurie Lemmon (Earth-Prime)
- Character Gallery: Laurie Lemmon (Earth-Prime)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: