Larry Belmont was a prominent District Attorney serving New York City during the Prohibition era of the 1930s. During his time in office, he concentrated a great deal of effort towards compiling information against racketeers and bootleggers – a career that placed himself and his daughter, Dian, at great peril on several occasions. In 1938, Larry became involved in a case involving the kidnapping of Dian’s socialite friend, Catherine van der Meer. Belmont worked alongside his close colleagues Judge Thomas Schaffer and police commissioner Irving Davis in compiling evidence against the mysterious abductor – a foe who called himself the Tarantula. Belmont possessed critical information linking the Tarantula attacks to the prominent Goldman family – an allegedly reformed family of bootleggers. During the time, Larry met the strange mystery man known as the Sandman.
- Litigation: Lawrence Belmont was an accomplished lawyer and district attorney.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-Two era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and no longer apply.
- 37 Appearances of Lawrence Belmont (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Lawrence Belmont (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Lawrence Belmont (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Lawrence Belmont (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: