Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Law clerk Lawrence 'Larry' Jordan had recently graduated from law school and was an intern at the Brooklyn District Attorney office. Noticing the rise of crime, Jordan decided to become a costumed crimefighter using technology, using his interests in radio and electronics to create his equipment, including a cowl radio system that allowed him to listen in on police reports and special skates that enabled him to travel along telephone lines. He was accompanied by an outspoken parrot named Static, who occasionally aided him in battle. His superhero activities were noticeable enough for President Franklin Delano Roosevelt to request his participation in the All-Star Squadron.
Larry was killed by a man he had once prosecuted as a district attorney. Joe Parsons was an escaped convict who took revenge by breaking into his home. Larry's costume malfunctioned as he tried to protect his family and he died from a shotgun wound to the chest. Helen donned a spare costume and became Air Wave II to apprehend Joe Parsons, but did not continue a costumed career afterward.
- Airwave Equipment: Antennae in helmet and circuitry in belt allowed him to eavesdrop on police band frequencies or intercept telephone calls. Magnetic energies enabled him to climb walls and relieve criminals of their guns.
- Airwave Equipment: Traveled at the speed of electricity along telephone lines on collapsible skates built into boots.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-Two era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and no longer apply.
- In pre-Crisis continuity, Larry Jordan was a native of Earth-Two who migrated to Earth-One for unknown reasons, sometime before meeting his wife Helen. In New Earth continuity, this dimension-hopping did not happen.
- 104 Appearances of Lawrence Jordan (New Earth)
- 7 Images featuring Lawrence Jordan (New Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Lawrence Jordan (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Lawrence Jordan (New Earth)