Layla is a officer in the L.E.G.I.O.N. was one of Vril Dox's most promising recruits. So much so that he assigned her to supervise Lobo on a mission to investigate a rift in space. Layla kept Lobo under control using a hypnotic totem.
In the rift, they found a strange craft which was a nest for seven alien parasites. The parasites killed several L.E.G.I.O.N.naires before attacking Layla, whom they found was a suitable "food" for them. Lobo killed the one of the prasites, but the attack left Layla with no memories. Her compensation was newfound super-strength and invulnerability; she could now also survive the vacuum of space. Before escaping, they managed to set one explosive charge, but did not destroy the vessel. 
Layla went with with him on a L.E.G.I.O.N. case involving a miniature universe. During this, they met another "New Blood" named Pax. His bomb ultimately destroyed thousands of the alien brain parasites. Following this, Layla joined the regular L.E.G.I.O.N. rather than the super-powered core team. 
- Bloodline Enhanced Physiology:
- Superhuman Strength: her strength has been increased to superhuman levels.
- Superhuman Stamina: She possesses incredible stamina allowing her to track criminals across the galaxy without exhaustion.
- Invulnerability: Her durability has been increased to superhuman levels.
- Superhuman Durability: Layla's body is resistant to most forms of physical pressure.
- Superhuman Speed: Layla possesses the ability to move at incredible speeds.
- Self-Sustenance: Layla can survive in the vacuum of space without any harm.
- 9 Appearances of Layla (New Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Layla (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Layla (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Layla (New Earth)
This character was one of the many superpowered individuals introduced during the "Bloodlines" crossover event, where a number of Alien Parasites invaded the Earth and inadvertently activated the Metagene in a number of people. While not necessarily all members of the "Blood Pack", this group of people has come to be known as the "New Bloods". This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "New Bloods" category.