This is an in-universe article with out-of-universe material.
- Yes! Run to me! Love me if you must! I made you to love me but remember! I'M NOT WEARING PROTECTION, MY DARLINGS! SSSOOOOOEEEEE
- -- Professor Pyg src
- -- Professor Pyg src
Valentin's past is unknown. Allegedly, he was a chemist for Spyral, who created a powerful thought-damping drug that mimics the effects of Alzheimer's disease. Trapped by their technology, he escaped the only way he could - a schizphrenic break, and a new persona named Professor Pyg. Escaping, he formed the Circus of the Strange. It is unknown what happened next, but apparently he was approached by Doctor Hurt and convinced to "share his vision" with Gotham City.
Circus of the Strange
Pyg moved the Circus of Strange to Gotham, announcing the "Year of the Pig". Pyg started the campaign of making people "perfect", as his minions (Dollotrons) capture Robin. All of this is part of Dr. Hurt's plan.
Pyg then tries to introduce an addictive "identity destroying" drug into the city via his Dollotrons. The drug is sold to various different gangs and mobs who use it to control prostitutes. However, Batman quickly puts an end to this - he rescues Robin and subdue Pyg and capture all of his Dollotrons. Pyg is arrested and taken to Blackgate Penitentiary.
The Black Glove
Dr. Hurt helps Pyg escape, as he is a major part of his plan, and Pyg is told to wreak havoc on the city. He then kidnaps Commissioner Gordon and tries to perform surgery on him. Batman stops this and almost captures Pyg, but he is able to escape.
Soon after, Pyg stops being an ally of Hurt and heads off to complete his own agendas. Pyg is then seen surrounded by his minions and his still trying to infect Gotham with his new drug. He reveals a "box" to a crowd of drug addicts, telling them it will take away the pain. However, the box is actually a Dollotron converter, and whoever enters gets changed into a Dollotron. Batman and Robin put a stop to the madness and Pyg is taken to Arkham Asylum.
The DC Universe heavily changed its continuity into the DCnU following the events of Flashpoint in 2011. This was part of an effort to make storylines more accessible to newer readers, beginning with the New 52. This new timeline combines elements from the DCU, Vertigo Universe and Wildstorm Universe while drastically changing the origins and histories of characters.
Pyg makes an appearance in Batman #1 in Arkham Asylum. He fights the Batman and Nightwing in a prison riot. Pyg wears a new cloth mask instead of his old one and he is also over-weight.
In the future depicted in Batman in Bethlehem, Pyg and some members of the Circus of Strange have become prominent crime bosses in Gotham City. He is found dead by the police without his mask and crucified upside down in a church. A very special Dollotron is also seen, much improved to be strong and agile from what is seen before.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Skilled surgeon: Pyg is a skilled surgeon and has the ability to preform any operation he sees necessary
- Surgical tools
- Valentin has a son, Janosz Valentin, who works for the Leviathan organization as "Johnny Valentine". He wears a wrecked version of his father's pig mask, but only on special occasions, thus making him "Son of Pyg". He is later defeated by Batgirl (Stephanie Brown) during a plot to turn a group of teen mercenaries-in-training into agents of Leviathan.
- Professor Pyg makes a quick one-shot cameo appearance along with Mr. Toad, Flamingo, and King Kraken (of the Club of Villians) in the Batman: The Brave and the Bold episode "The Knights of Tomorrow!".
- Professor Pyg will appear in Beware the Batman.
- 13 Appearances of Lazlo Valentin (New Earth)
- 9 Images featuring Lazlo Valentin (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Lazlo Valentin (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Lazlo Valentin (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."