- Justice League of America
- Scarlet Cyclone
- Ed McMahon
- Hall of Heroes
- Mordru's de-powering potion
Legends of the Superheroes is a NBC live-action version of Super Friends and was an umbrella title for two one-hour Hanna-Barbera TV specials based on the Super Friends cartoon show that aired on NBC in January 1979. The specials were produced like standard variety shows of the time: on videotape, and with a laugh track.
The first episode had a rather thin plot about Mordru and his supervillains (the Riddler, Weather Wizard, Sinestro, Giganta, Dr. Sivana and Solomon Grundy) plotting to blow up the world with a doomsday device while the assembled heroes tried to track them down before the countdown was up. Episode two consisted of a superhero "roast" hosted by Ed McMahon in which the villains (all except Frank Gorshin as the Riddler) participated. "Highlights" include the Atom (who was not a member of the main cast) and Giganta announcing their engagement, Aunt Minerva attempting to marry Captain Marvel, and Hawkman's mother ("Mrs. Esther Hall of the planet Thanagar") complaining that her son never visited her.
- Adman West as Batman
- Burt Ward as Robin
- Garrett Craig as Captain Marvel
- Howard Murphy as the Green Lantern
- Bill Nuckols as Hawkman
- Barbara Joyce as The Huntress
- Rod Haase as The Flash
- Alfie Wise as The Atom
- Danuta Rylko Soderman as the Black Canary (Credited as Danuta)
- Ed McMahon as himself
Superman and Wonder Woman did not appear on the show because both of those characters were already being used elsewhere: Superman was in the beginnings of his movie franchise, and Wonder Woman still had her own live-action series.
- No trivia.
- Characters from Legends of the Superheroes (TV Specials)
- Other things related to Legends of the Superheroes (TV Specials)
- Movie Gallery: Legends of the Superheroes (TV Specials)
Links and References
Expression error: Unrecognised word "january".