- Suppose I were to finance a symbol... something concrete to rally around.
- -- R.J. Brande
Appearing in "Time and Chance"
- Alux Cuspin
- Mekt Ranzz (Flashback only)
- Ayla Ranzz (Flashback only)
- Shvaughn Erin
- President Jeanne Chu
- United Planets
- Lightning Beasts of Korbal (Flashback only)
- A Xenomoph (Cameo)
Synopsis for "Time and Chance"
Garth Ranzz wakes up in a sweat from a dream flashing back to the day his brother crash-landed on Korbal with him and his sister and met the Lightning Beasts. Worried that his parents will discover he has run away from home, he packs his bags preparing to leave his hotel room.
Taking off on a shuttle for Earth, Rokk and Garth find themselves sitting next to each other. They are delighted to find themselves sharing a shuttle with the richest man in the cosmos, billionaire inventor, industrialist and philanthropist R.J. Brande. Garth also has an embarrassing moment when Imra becomes aware of his thoughts wandering towards her.
While everyone is getting off the Shuttle on Earth, the three teenagers are thrust into action when a group of assassins shows up attempting to kill R.J. Brande. Working as a team, with Rokk's magnetism, Garth's Lightning abilities and Imra's telepathy, they are able to subdue them and save Brande's life.
Later, in the office of the President of Earth, Jeanne Chu, Brande proposes an idea he has to really rally together the newly established United Planets. The next day, his secretary Luornu approaches all three of them to meet with Brande. Inspired by their heroic actions, Brande informs them of his idea for a Legion of Super-Heroes, composed of those with special abilities from multiple different worlds overcoming their differences and working together. Rokk, Garth and Imra all agree to be a part of his new program.
Elsewhere, the man behind the assassination attempt, Brande's business partner Roderick Doyle, continues his plotting. Worried about displeasing his masters, who wish the new United Planets idea to fail, Doyle prepares for his last given attempt to murder R.J. Brande.
- In October of 1994, all of the existing mainstream DC Comics titles released a special "0" issue to coincide with the Zero Hour crossover event. The purpose of the "0" issue was to reveal a previously unknown aspect of the title character's background. DC Titles under the Vertigo imprint were largely unaffected by Zero Hour and thus, no "0" issue specials were published for them.
- This is the first appearance of the rebooted version of the Legion of Super-Heroes, replacing the original incarnation after the events of Zero Hour.
- The Legion of Super-Heroes appears next in Legionnaires #0.
- This issue bears many heavy resemblances to Superboy #147, the original origin of the Legion of Super-Heroes.
- On page five, one of the patrons at the starport bears an intentionally strong resemblance to a Xenomorph alien, made popular in the Aliens film franchise. Oddly enough, the Xenomorph is sitting in a chair reading from a data-pad.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Legion of Super-Heroes Vol 4 0 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Legion of Super-Heroes series
- Images from Legion of Super-Heroes Vol 4 0
- Adventure Comics (Volume 1)
- Adventure Comics (Volume 2)
- Final Crisis: Legion of 3 Worlds
- Legion Lost (Volume 1)
- Legion Lost (Volume 2)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 1)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 2)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 3)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 4)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 5)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 6)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 7)
- Legion Worlds (Volume 1)
- Legionnaires (Volume 1)
- Superboy (Volume 1)
- Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes
- Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes
- The Legion (Volume 1)
Links and References
- Zero Hour article at Wikipedia
- Zero Hour Frequently Asked Questions
- Zero Hour series index at the DCU Guide
- Zero Hour series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Zero Hour series index at the Grand Comics Database
|Zero Hour Crossover|
The events from this issue or series are related to Zero Hour: Crisis in Time!, or its successor event Zero Month. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the Zero Hour category.