Appearing in "Close Encounters"
- R.J. Brande
- Gim Allon (First appearance)
- James Cullen (First appearance)
- Jenni Ognats (First appearance)
- Reep Daggle (First appearance)
- Lyle Norg (First appearance)
- Querl Dox (First appearance)
- United Planets
- Marla Latham (First appearance)
- Winema Wazzo (First appearance)
- Science Police
- Star Boy (First appearance)
- Atmos (First appearance)
- Gigi Cusimano (First appearance)
- Rond Vidar (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Close Encounters"
The Legion of Super-Heroes are unveiled to the United Planets council for the first time. Although they are initially met with skepticism and ill will, they quickly gain respect when Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl and Live Wire are forced to prevent an attempted bombing of U.P. Headquarters, unbeknownst to them the same man behind the earlier attempted assassination of R.J. Brande. The Legion also gains two new members when they are assisted by the triplicating Luornu Durgo, Brande's secretary, and the matter phasing Tinya Wazzo, daughter to one of the council members. Although they are unable to determine who sent the attempted killers to blow up the council, they are met with cheers in their first heroic outing.
The President of the U.P., Jeanne Chu, initiates a draft and begins pulling in new Legionnaires from different homeworlds in an attempt to increase the Legion's diplomatic capabilities. All over the galaxy, Science Police officers are sent to deliver messages to various chosen teenage representatives in the Legion, including Gim Allon, James Cullen, Jenni Ognats, Reep Daggle, Lyle Norg and Querl Dox.
- In October of 1994, all of the existing mainstream DC Comics titles released a special "0" issue to coincide with the Zero Hour crossover event. The purpose of the "0" issue was to reveal a previously unknown aspect of the title character's background. DC Titles under the Vertigo imprint were largely unaffected by Zero Hour and thus, no "0" issue specials were published for them.
- This issue features the newly rebooted incarnation of the Legion of Super-Heroes, rather than the original one previously published.
- The Legion of Super-Heroes appeared last in Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 4) #0. They appear next in Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 4) #62.
- While discussing their new code names, Garth asks R.J. Brande why they aren't using the originally intended name for him of Lightning Lad, to which Brande responds that his marketing department thought that Live Wire would be "fresher and more noticeable". This is a reference to the previous incarnation of Garth Ranzz, who called himself Lightning Lad instead of Live Wire.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Legionnaires Vol 1 0 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Legionnaires series
- Images from Legionnaires Vol 1 0
- Adventure Comics (Volume 1)
- Adventure Comics (Volume 2)
- Final Crisis: Legion of 3 Worlds
- Legion Lost (Volume 1)
- Legion Lost (Volume 2)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 1)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 2)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 3)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 4)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 5)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 6)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 7)
- Legion Worlds (Volume 1)
- Legionnaires (Volume 1)
- Superboy (Volume 1)
- Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes
- Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes
- The Legion (Volume 1)
Links and References
- Legion of Super-Heroes at Wikipedia.org
- Legion of Super-Heroes Wiki
- Legion of Super-Heroes Online Companion
- Legion of Super-Heroes Reference File
- Major Spoiler's Hero History Collection
- Legion of Super-Heroes Clubhouse
- Legion of Super-Heroes index at Cosmic Teams
- Legion of Super-Heroes at TV Tropes
- Legion of Super-Links
- Zero Hour article at Wikipedia
- Zero Hour Frequently Asked Questions
- Zero Hour series index at the DCU Guide
- Zero Hour series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Zero Hour series index at the Grand Comics Database
|Zero Hour Crossover|
The events from this issue or series are related to Zero Hour: A Crisis in Time!, or its successor event Zero Month. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the Zero Hour category.