|Universe||Earth-One, New Earth|
|Place of Birth||Dimension Aqua|
|Creators||Jack Miller, Nick Cardy|
|First Appearance||Last appearance|
Leron was a revolutionary who lived in the realm known as Dimension Aqua. Years ago, his followers and he led a revolt against their world's reigning queen, Mera. Forced into exile, Mera escaped to the Earth realm where she befriended the Atlantean hero, Aquaman. Leron pursued her and came to blow with Aquaman and his friends Aqualad and Qwsp. Leron apprehended the heroes and brought them all back to Dimension Aqua as prisoners. Aquaman discovered that the lead found in oil could negate Leron's hard-water powers, and he used this tactic to free Mera and the others. Mera returned with Aquaman back to Atlantis, enabling Leron to solidify his position as the new lord of Dimension Aqua.
Years later, Mera returned to Dimension Aqua in search of a healing device, which she needed to save the life of her son, Arthur Curry, Jr. She discovered that Leron had confiscated all of the tools from her reign and cast them into the Great Pit. Leron and Mera faced each other in one-on-one hard-water combat. Though Leron was potent, his powers were no match for Mera's who easily overwhelmed him. The battle proved to be such a strain for Leron that his mind was shattered, turning him into a vegetable.
- Amphibian: Leron lived in a world comprised entirely of water, and as such, could pull molecules of oxygen from water in order to breathe.
- Hydrokinesis: Like all denizens of Dimension Aqua, Leron possessed the ability to increase the density of volumes of water to create hard-water constructs. Against an air-breather, these constructs could be used to drown an opponent, but they could also be used to cause blunt force damage. Leron could manipulate hard-water molecules into shape or size he desired, depending upon the amount of water available to him.
- Swimming: Being an amphibian, Leron used swimming as a primary means of locomotion in the same way that a normal human would use walking or running.
- Telepathy: Leron was a low-level telepath and could use his mind to communicate his thoughts to others, and receive their thoughts as well. Leron was not able to perceive another's thoughts unless such thoughts were intentionally broadcast to him.
- Vulnerability to Lead: All denizens of Dimension Aqua lost the ability to manipulate hard-water molecules if exposed to lead.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 4 Appearances of Leron (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Leron (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Leron (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Leron (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of Aquaman, or members of the Aquaman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Aquaman Villains."