Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Leroy Johnson lived during the mid-late 1700s. As a young man, he desperately wanted to become a soldier and join in the fight for American indepedence. His short stature however, made such prospects unlikely, so he became a volunteer revolutionary and served alongside Tom Hawk as a member of Tomahawk's Rangers. Wearing a large stovepipe hat to make him appear taller, he became known by the nickname "Stovepipe". Although he was not a particularly strong fighter, Stovepipe was very agile and proved a valuable asset to the Rangers. He would often hide tools and small weapons inside his hat such as rope, knives, mirrors and revolvers.
After the war, Stovepipe became a tax collector in Gotham Town and later a traveling salesman, often administering medical care to the infirm.
The final fate of Stovepipe has yet to be recorded.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-Two era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and no longer apply.
- The British spy Lord Shilling once impersonated Stovepipe in order to bait Tomahawk into a trap. 
- 33 Appearances of Leroy Johnson (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Leroy Johnson (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Leroy Johnson (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Leroy Johnson (New Earth)