Lex Luthor was a brilliant scientist who admired Superboy and had even developed an antidote for Kryponite. However, when a fire broke out in Luthor's lab, Superboy used his super-breath to put out the fire. Unfortunately, the chemicals in the lab caused Luthor's hair to fall out permanently, which he blamed on Superboy, claiming that he was jealous of Luthor's genius. He constantly contended with Superboy even into adulthood when the latter became Superman, and became the main villain of the Super Friends, plotting various schemes both by himself and with the Legion of Doom to destroy both them and his main nemesis Superman.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Super Friends and its tie-in and comic book series. It is an adaptation of Luthor. The original character was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster and first appeared in Action Comics #23.
- Lex Luthor was voiced by Stan Jones. A young Lex Luthor was voiced by Michael Bell.
- 17 Appearances of Lex Luthor (Super Friends)
- 1 Images featuring Lex Luthor (Super Friends)
- Quotations by or about Lex Luthor (Super Friends)
- Character Gallery: Lex Luthor (Super Friends)
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."
Legion of Doom member
|Green Lantern Corps member|
This character is or was a member of the Green Lantern Corps, chosen by the Guardians of the Universe to act as their sector's Green Lantern and to protect it from interstellar threats with a Power Ring.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Green Lantern Corps members category."
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."