In order to follow the Naming Conventions, it has been suggested that this page be moved to Lindsay Harrison (Smallville). Discuss this and other proposed moves. Do not make any changes yourself; it will be moved by an admin and/or bot.
Click here for a complete list of articles to be moved.
Little is known about the life of Lindsay Harrison. She grew up in Evanston, Illinois and attended the local high school. Lindsay was a good student and well-liked by both teachers and friends. However, she got into trouble when she got arrested for shoplifting.
In October 1989, Lindsay was visiting the town of Smallville, Kansas with her mother. When they were traveling home to Evanston, Smallville was hit by a massive meteor shower. Their car took a direct hit and Lindsay's mother was killed. However, Lindsay's body was never found.
What happened to Lindsay is uncertain. Jonathan Kent speculated that Lindsay had been trapped in the Kawatche Caves (near where her mother's car was destroyed) and turned into a Kryptonian by Jor-El. However, this theory was never proven.
All that is certain is that Lindsay seemingly emerged from a wall inside of the Kawatche Caves, 14 years after her disappearance. She made her way to the Kent Farm, where she met Clark Kent and introduced herself as a Kryptonian named "Kara". Befriending Clark, she tried to convince him to leave with her.
However, before he agreed, Kara caught FBI-agent Frank Loder listening to a conversation between her and the Kent family. When he tried to escape, Kara disintegrated both Loder and the car he was in.
Clark finally agreed to come with her, after he believed that Lex Luthor and Lana Lang had betrayed him. But, just before they left, they were stopped by Jonathan Kent, who had matched Kara's fingerprints to Lindsay Harrison's, from her shoplifting arrest.
However, Kara denied being Lindsay and was then dissolved by Jor-El, as she had served her purpose.
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Kara possesses the same potential powers as an average Kryptonian. These include:
- Solar Energy Absorption: Under optimal conditions, this is the main source of Kara's super powers as they are contingent upon exposure to solar radiation from a yellow sun star system. Her biological make up includes a number of organs which lack analogues in humans and whose functions are unknown. It is believed that between one or more of these and her bio-cellular matrix, "yellow" solar energy is stored for later use. This allows for the use of these powers to fade when yellow solar radiation is not available instead of immediate failure.
- Heat Vision: Kara can, as a conscious act, fire beams of intense heat at a target by looking at it. She can vary the heat and area affected.
- Super-Hearing: Kara's hearing is sensitive enough to hear any sound at any volume or pitch. With skill and concentration, she can block out ambient sounds to focus on a specific source or frequency.
- Enhanced Vision Kara's vision processes the entire electromagnetic spectrum as well as allowing vast control over selective perception and focus.
This umbrella ability includes the following:
- Electromagnetic Spectrum Vision: Kara can see well into most of the electromagnetic spectrum. She can see and identify radio and television signals as well as all other broadcast or transmitted frequencies. Using this ability, she can avoid detection by radar or satellite monitoring methods. This also allows her to see the aura generated by living thing.
- Telescopic Vision: This is the ability to see something at a great distance, without violating the laws of physics. Though limited, the exact extent of the ability is undetermined. In function, it is similar to the zoom lens on a camera.
- X-Ray Vision: This is the ability to see through any volume of matter except lead. Karas can see things behind a solid, opaque object as if it were not there. She can focus this ability to "peel back" layers of an object, allowing hidden image or inner workings to be observed. The exact type of energy perceived - such as x-rays, cosmic rays, or some other energy invisible to normal humans - is unclear. This ability perceives an ambient energy source though, it does not involve the eye projecting a concentrated, possibly toxic, beam to be reflected back from objects.
- Microscopic Vision: This is the ability to see extremely small objects and images down to the atomic level.
- Infrared Vision: Kara can see with better acuity in darkness, and to a degree in total darkness.
- Flight: Kara is able to manipulate graviton particles to defy the forces of gravity and achieve flight. This ranges from hovering to moving in any posture, in any direction.
- Invulnerability: Due to the interaction of her dense molecular structure and supercharged bio-electric aura, Kara is nigh-invulnerable to extreme energy forces. In addition, her extends this protection against toxins and diseases.
- Superhuman Stamina: Kara is able to maintain continuous strenuous physical action for an indefinite period of time. This based on her body converting yellow solar radiation directly to energy, but is limited by physiological and psychological needs to eat, drink, and sleep.
- Superhuman Strength: Kara's strength is augmented by yellow solar radiation interacting with the greater than human density, resilience and biological efficiency of her musculature. Her strength is more an act of conscious will on energy fields than actual physical strength. It is this act of conscious will that enables her to perform physical feats that are beyond the mere application force, such as moving a mountain top without said rock crumbling under its own mass.
- Superhuman Speed: Kara is able to move at incredible speed by sheer force of will. This extends to her perceptions and allows for feats such as catching bullets in mid flight as well as covering vast distances in little or no time.
This also confers:
- Super-Breath: Kara is able to create hurricane force winds by exhaling air from her lungs. She can chill the air as it leaves her lungs to freeze targets. She can also reverse the process to pull large volumes of air or vapor into her lungs.
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, Kara possesses the same potential weaknesses as an average Kryptonian. These include:
- Lindsay was portrayed by Adrianne Palicki.
- Several seasons later, Clark Kent met a real, Kryptonian Kara.
- It's unknown if Kara really was Lindsay Harrison or merely a recreation made by Jor-El. He had previously been shown to be able to create life-like recreations of people. In the episode, there are indicators that Kara might not be real:
- 1 Appearances of Lindsey Harrison (Smallville)
- 2 Images featuring Lindsey Harrison (Smallville)
- 1 Quotations by or about Lindsey Harrison (Smallville)
- Character Gallery: Lindsey Harrison (Smallville)
|Smallville television series. This template will categorize articles that include it into Category: Smallville Characters.|