Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Hellowe'en": Lobo arrives on the moon, purposefully smashing the head off of an ancient idol for fun, and waits at the rendezvous for his employer to show up. He is suddenly ambushed from behind and 'playfully' beaten and burned by [[Etrigan (New Earth)|Etr
- Goodness of thought? Us? Man, you need a brain change! We're th' baddest bastiches this side o' Purgatory!
- -- Lobo
Appearing in "Hellowe'en"
- The Guardian of Gold (Only appearance; dies)
- Malak-Karu (Only appearance; dies)
- The Prophet of the Sun-God (unnamed) (Flashback only)
- Sun-God (Mentioned only)
- The One-Eyed Yellow Idol
- Eye of the Idol
- Sword of the Guardian of Gold
Synopsis for "Hellowe'en"
Lobo arrives on the moon, purposefully smashing the head off of an ancient idol for fun, and waits at the rendezvous for his employer to show up. He is suddenly ambushed from behind and 'playfully' beaten and burned by Etrigan as a Hallowe'en prank. To his exasperation, 'Bo realises his old acquaintance is his employer, but is bound by his word to accept the job. To exacerbate Lobo's short temper, Etrigan explains the task via a long-winded origin story about the creation of the Sun-God's evil shadow, Malak-Karu. On this hundred-thousandth anniversary, the malevolent beast is freed from it's prison and headed first towards the moon, where the two Machiavellian misfits watched in awe. Lobo thinks Etrigan has hired him to stop it, but he really wants him to help Malak-Karu destroy the Earth. It is then that the Guardian of Gold rose from it's tomb to protect the world from the primal monster. Lobo and Etrigan worked together and killed the being of purity. With it's nemesis defeated, there was nothing stopping Malak-Karu, but instead of making it's way back to Earth it first swallowed his two accomplices whole. Just before plummeting into the belly of the beast, Lobo was able to grapple onto the creature's innards with his hook and catch his comrade. Etrigan had fortunately recovered the Guardian's sword, but its magic could only be utilised by pure thoughts, which was a difficult task for raging hellion and a genocidal maniac. Knowing he has no love in his heart, Etrigan tries to inspire some emotion out of Lobo, he manages to trigger th' Main Man to recall his one true love in the universe, his "fishies." Before the leviathan of shadow can engulf New York City, the sword banishes the horror once again. Landing on a rooftop, Etrigan mocks Lobo's affinity for fishies, inciting 'Bo to repay the demon back for his hostile greeting.
- This issue is a one-shot special.
- The Demon appeared last in Wonder Woman (Volume 2) #108. He appears next in Showcase '96 #4.
- Lobo appeared last in Lobo (Volume 2) #32. He appears next in Lobo (Volume 2) #33.
- Etrigan's Hallowe'en mask is Bill Clinton.
- There is an acknowledgement to The Green Eye of the Little Yellow God by J. Milton Hayes, referenced in this issue.
Links and References
- Demon article at Wikipedia
- Demon biography page at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Demon chronology index at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Lobo article at Wikipedia
- Lobo biography page at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Lobo chronology index at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
[[Category:Halloween|Lobo/Demon - Hellowe'en Vol 1 0001]]