"The Qigly Affair: Part One": After tracking down small-time deadbeat Robert De Nitro, who accidentally kills himself trying to escape, Lobo returns to collect his bounty from Bunsen with only a nose... but not before stopping to grab breakfast. 'Bo ru
- Nobody hits th' Main Man with impunity -- not even when I deserve it!
- -- Lobo
Appearing in "The Qigly Affair: Part One"
- Mort Fatale (First appearance)
- The Dead Boys
- Bloodshed (First appearance)
- Bloodstain (First appearance)
- Jugular (as Jug)
- Koody Graz (First appearance)
- Robert De Nitro (Harold Hamm) (Only appearance; dies)
- Pan-Galactic Mob
- Vinnie Hood (Dies)
- Fingers (First appearance)
- Bunsen (First appearance)
- Johnny Quietus (First appearance)
- Murder (First appearance)
- Vernon Z. Qigly (First appearance)
- Al (First appearance)
- Darlene (First appearance)
- Jake the Geek (First appearance)
- Lynch (First appearance)
- Billy the Girl (First appearance)
- Doolie the Stoolie (Mentioned only)
- Dagma City
- Bwayne's World (Mentioned only)
- Krupps-101 Infinite Setting Beam Blazer
- Short and Snappy Tales of Death
- Lug Beer
Synopsis for "The Qigly Affair: Part One"
After tracking down small-time deadbeat Robert De Nitro, who accidentally kills himself trying to escape, Lobo returns to collect his bounty from Bunsen with only a nose... but not before stopping to grab breakfast. 'Bo runs into an old "friend", Jonas Glim, at the grand opening of Al's Diner. An old disagreement causes a fight between the two, tearing up the diner, but they reconcile afterwards, going to Bunsen's Bounty together and leaving Al out-of-pocket.
Meanwhile, Mort Fatale and The Dead Boys are holed up in a warehouse with mob accountant, Vernon Qigly, who is staging his own kidnapping. The Pan-Galactic Mob are given a tip to his location and attempt to recover their asset. All the gangsters involved in the ambush are slaughtered upon entry.
Bunsen, who has had enough of Lobo's irascible personality, decides to show him the large bounty on Qigly. Lobo allows Jonas to tag along on the bounty worth ten million credits claiming, "What kinda guy would I be if I didn't cut a buddy in on ten million greenies?" Bunsen, having left out the dangerous nature of the job, asks fellow bounty hunters, Quietus and Murder to hang back and let Lobo and The Dead Boys to kill each other, then claim the bounty for themselves.
- No special notes.
- Robert De Nitro a parody of Robert De Niro. The bounty on him is for 1,000 credits.
- Lobo's business card reads; Lobo. Bastich for hire. If ya can read this, I didn't hit ya hard enough!
- Bunsen's bounty hunting agency has 3 branches, 11 franchises and 314 affiliated organizations.
- The wanted posters on the wall of Bunsen's Bounty include Bad Dan (Dan Raspler), Black Grant (Alan Grant), Big Kirby, King Klein, Killer Karl (potentially other DC employee references.) Etrigan and Doomsday with the aliases Bastich and Bubba. Other miscellaneous characters such as, Judge Dredd (spelled Dread), Godzilla, Yosemite Sam (Looney Tunes), Dudley Do-Right (The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show) and Spaceman Spiff (Calvin and Hobbes.)
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Lobo Vol 2 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Lobo series