- Rule #3: Do whatever it takes to get the story.
- -- Lois Lane src
The oldest daughter of Sam and Ella Lane. Her mother passed away in 1995, leaving her father to raise Lois and her sister on his own. Due to Sam being a military man, he created a chain of command for his children. Lucy reported to Lois and Lois reported to him. This left Lois to have to raise her sister.
Lucy was sent to boarding school, while Lois herself traveled with their father between different military bases. Growing up as an Army brat, she had a childhood romance with Wes Keenan She also had dated Steve Trevor at one point.
Around the time that Lois graduated High School, she learned about the apparent death of her cousin, Chloe Sullivan. Lois made her way to Smallville, Kansas (convinced that her cousin had been murdered) and discovered a video message from Chloe, to a guy named Clark Kent, whom she decided to seek out. However, on her way to the Kent Farm, a thunderstorm caused her to run off the road. In a field, she discovered a naked young man, with amnesia, whom she took to the Smallville Medical Center. After the young man was reunited with his mother and left, Lois learned that the young man was the very man, that she had been looking for: Clark Kent.
Following Chloe's return, Lois had planned to enroll at Metropolis University, but was informed that she had failed the last semester and had to attend Smallville High School for a while. However, thanks to some strings pulled by Lex Luthor, Lois was soon enrolled at Met U.
However, her time at Met U proved short-lived, when she found herself expelled, after she was wrongfully accused of assaulting a player on the football team and having violated the university's drinking policy. This lead to her return to Smallville, where the Kents invited her to stay with them.
However, her stay was seemingly coming to an end, when her father recruited her to help him track down her sister, in Europe. Leaving town shortly after Clark's graduation and the town being hit by a meteor shower.
Towards the end of the summer, Lois returned to Smallville and took a job at the Talon. Upon her return, she entered a brief romance with Arthur Curry, that ended with him leaving town shortly afterwards. She continued living with the Kents for a while, until she decided to move into the apartment above the Talon.
However, her time as a waitress at the Talon would prove short-lived. After Jonathan Kent, who was running for Senator, fired his old campaign manager, he hired Lois as his new campaign manager. With her held, Jonathan won and became a Senator. Unfortunately, he died the same day and his wife took his position in the Senate.
Shortly after Martha took office, she hired Lois as her Chief of Staff. Sometime later, Lois was going to Washington, D.C. with Martha. However, their private plane was hijacked and they ended up in the Arctic. Lois had lost consciousness, so she was left unaware about how Martha had dragged her into Clark's Fortress and they had been teleported back to Smallville.
A few weeks later, Lois's life would be changed again. After having nearly been hit by the Kents' barn door, she decided to investigate the matter and ended up with a job at the Metropolis Inquisitor. However, she stayed on as Martha's Chief of Staff for a while. While in this position, she had encountered and mistaken Oliver Queen for a messenger boy, while insulting Queen. She later attempted to apologize to Oliver Queen and ended up dating him.
Shortly after she had begun dating Oliver, she attended a fund-raiser, where a mysterious archer stole a necklace worn by Martha Kent. In her position as a reporter, she named the mysterious archer the "Green Arrow Bandit" (later shortened to "Green Arrow"). However, her articles about the Green Arrow caused her to be kidnapped by criminals, out to get the Green Arrow. Thankfully, the Green Arrow came to her rescue.
However, Lois remained obsessed with exposing the archer's identity. She soon began to suspect that Oliver was the Green Arrow, after having seem him with an identical injury, that she had seen on the Green Arrow. However, these suspicions were disproven, after she saw Oliver and the Green Arrow (Clark in disguise) appear next to each other. Her relationship with Oliver ended shortly afterwards, due to Oliver's inability to stick around for very long.
Eventually, Lois found herself reunited with her old boyfriend, Wes Keenan, when she saw him murder Senator Ed Burke. He later kidnapped her and put her on the track of Lex Luthor and Project Ares, before dying. Her investigation into Project Ares brought her to Reeves Dam, where she was stabbed to death by a LuthorCorp guard. However, she was brought back to life by Chloe.
Sometime later, Lois returned to the area near Reeves Dam, to continue her investigations. This lead to her uncovering a Kryptonian spaceship and was knocked unconscious. The spaceship later disappeared, but Lois managed to track it down. Unfortunately, all her photo evidence was destroyed. However, Grant Gabriel, the new editor of the Daily Planet, was so impressed by her article that he gave her a job at the Daily Planet.
Lois also entered a secret relationship with Gabriel. However, they eventually broke up, shortly before his death. Not long after, Oliver re-entered her life. Lois went to Queen Tower, to talk with him. However, this talk was interrupted by them being attacked by Black Canary and Lois discovering that Oliver really was the Green Arrow. After Oliver left town, Lois admitted to still having feelings for him, but wouldn't be able to handle being left behind.
After Chloe had disappeared for four weeks, Lois set out to find her. Having stolen LuthorCorp files, she managed to track down Chloe to a facility in Montana. After Chloe had been rescued, Lois returned the Daily Planet and was given a pleasant surprise, that Clark had taken her advice and gotten a job at the Daily Planet.
When Clark began his job at the Daily Planet, Lois took him under her wings. She made him drop the farmer look and put on a suit. She even gave him a list of rules to be a journalist. At this time, she had also begun to develop feelings for him.
Not long after, Lois and Henry James Olsen were mugged in Metropolis. Having fought back, Lois was pushed in front of a car, but managed to survive thanks to a mysterious red-blue blur, that Olsen had managed to capture on his camera. When it was revealed that the red-blue blur was a mysterious, superpowered crime fighter, Lois told herself that she wouldn't rest until she got an exclusive with the Red-Blue Blur.
Around this time, Olsen had become engaged with Chloe, whom Lois shared the Talon apartment with. Having to put up with the newly-engaged, Lois eventually decided to move out and back to the Kent Farm. However, after a trip to the Phantom Zone (where she had found herself possessed by Faora), Tess Mercer gave Lois a raise, so she could afford her own apartment in Metropolis.
At the wedding of Chloe and Olsen, Lois nearly kissed Clark and admitting her feelings for him. Unfortunately, this was first interrupted by the appearance of Lana Lang and then by Doomsday attacking the wedding. Chloe was kidnapped, and Olsen was critically injured. Lois went with Olsen to Star City, where he was going to get treatment.
After returning to Metropolis, she saved Chloe from a mugger. Seeing this as an opportunity to get an exclusive interview with the mysterious Red-Blue Blur, she invented her own superhero persona "Stiletto". However, she gave up this identity, after Clark had discovered her identity. Soon after, the Red-Blue Blur began calling her.
Weeks later, Lois got into a physical fight against Tess mercer, at the Daily Planet, who accused her of stealing an Orb. During the fight, a ring fell out of Clark's desk. When Lois picked it up, she suddenly vanished.
Lois was sent a year into the future. A future, where mankind had been conquered by Kryptonian clones. Hoping to be able to prevent this future, Lois returned to the present. However, the whole experience had been so traumatic, that her mind suppressed all memories of this future, apart from brief flashes.
Having been gone for three weeks, she had seemingly lost her apartment and moved back into the Talon apartment. Lois attempted to return to her normal life and went to a therapist, to uncover her missing three weeks and the strange dreams that she had been having. However, upon kissing Clark, she fell into a coma. Lois eventually recovered, after her memories of the future had been erased. Shortly afterwards, Lois began to officially date Clark.
Sometime later, Lois was approached by Zod, posing as the Blur. He tried to convince her that Clark was a threat and that she needed to get him the Book of Rao, which was in Clark's possession. However, she realized in the last second that Zod wasn't the Blur and attempted to flee. Zod attacked her, but she was saved by the real Blur. After Zod disappeared, the real Blur (whose face was obscured by shadows) kissed Lois and left. Lois had been able to recognize the kiss and realized that Clark and the Blur were the same person.
Less than a few hours, after discovering the truth about Clark, she discovered his body lying in the street with a blue Kryptonite dagger in his body. She pulled out the dagger, unknowingly restoring his powers, saving his life. However, she left before he regained consciousness. She was later attacked by a Lex Luthor clone, who tried to kill her, but she was saved by Clark. Realizing that she could be his greatest weakness, Lois took a job offer from Perry White and went to Africa.
However, in Africa, she met Carter Hall, who managed to calm her fears about being in a relationship with Clark. She returned to Metropolis, but had unknowingly gotten the Amulet of Isis with her, from the dig she had been at. This resulted in her being possessed by the goddess, Isis. Afterwards, Clark told the truth about himself to Lois. The got engaged shortly afterwards.
Meanwhile, the growing number of costumed crime fighters in the world, was causing public backlash, thanks to the fear mongering of Gordon Godfrey (a servant of Darkseid). This lead to the passing of a Vigilante Registration Act. However, the work Lois, Chloe and pro-superhero politians like Martha Kent, the Act was ultimately overturned. And the hero known as "the Blur" become viewed as a beacon of hope.
However, the growing attention given to the Blur, who had begun saving people all over the world, concerned Lois, as Clark wanted to maintain his secret identity. She tried to upgrade his outfit with sunglasses and a hood, but this was quickly shut down by Clark, who soon donned a pair of glasses as a surprisingly effective disguise. Shortly afterwards, Martha gave the Kent Farm to Lois and Clark. However, they ultimately chose to sell the farm and move into an apartment in Metropolis.
Shortly before their wedding, Lois and Clark went to the Fortress, to talk to Jor-El. Upon hearing about their wedding plans, Jor-El decided to put them to the test and gave Lois Clark's powers for one day. The experience made her understand how it was to walk in Clark's shoes, but it also made her call off the wedding. Not wanting Clark to waste time with her. Time that Clark could use to save someone.
However, she soon calmed down and decided to get married to Clark. Unfortunately, their wedding was interrupted by Darkseid and the arrival of Apokolips. Lois told Clark to save the world, but soon discovered that the government planned to try and blow up the approaching "meteor". Stealing another Daily Planet reporter's press badge, Lois managed to get herself onto Air Force One and tried to keep them from firing missiles, that would only result in the death of millions. However, the approach of Apokolips nearly caused the plane to crash. Lois found herself pressed up against a window. Outside she saw Clark, flying in a new suit and saving the plan. Reassured that everything would be okay, Lois picked up a video camera and began reporting from the plane, even interviewing President Martinez. During this, Clark flew into space and moved the giant planet away from the Earth.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Smallville and is an adaptation of Lois Lane. The original character was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster and first appeared in Action Comics #1.
- Lois Lane was portrayed by Erica Durance.
- Lois is highly allergic to dogs.
- Lois is an avid fan of the rock band Whitesnake.
- 141 Appearances of Lois Lane (Smallville)
- 36 Images featuring Lois Lane (Smallville)
- 5 Quotations by or about Lois Lane (Smallville)
- Character Gallery: Lois Lane (Smallville)
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Combat
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Stiletto
- ↑ Smallville Season 11: Chaos #1
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Abandoned
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Lucy
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Prototype
- ↑ Smallville Season 11 #16
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Hostage
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Delete
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Crusade
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Gone
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Façade
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Jinx
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Recruit
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Commencement
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Arrival
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Aqua
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Exposed
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Fanatic
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Reckoning
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Cyborg
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Fragile
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Vessel
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Zod
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Sneeze
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Wither
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Arrow
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Hydro
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Justice
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Phantom
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Kara
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Blue
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Gemini
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Persona
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Siren
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Odyssey
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Plastique
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Committed
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Identity
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Bloodline
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Bride
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Doomsday
- ↑ 43.0 43.1 Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Pandora
- ↑ 44.0 44.1 Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Savior
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Idol
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Disciple
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Salvation
- ↑ 48.0 48.1 Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Lazarus
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Harvest
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Shield
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Isis
- ↑ 52.0 52.1 Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Icarus
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Ambush
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Beacon
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Masquerade
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Kent
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Prophecy
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Finale, Part I
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Finale, Part II
- ↑ Smallville Season 11 Special #2
|Smallville television series. This template will categorize articles that include it into Category: Smallville Characters.|
Superman Family member
Daily Planet Staff member
|Checkmate Member |
This character was a member of the top secret government organization Checkmate. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Checkmate members" and "Government Agents" categories.