The Long Family, though not prestigious by any means, live primarily in the New York City area and consists of family members who are artists, photographers, teachers and lawyers. One of the most well-known members of the Long family is Terry Long who engaged in a controversial relationship and later marriage with former student Donna Troy. Through the wedding of Terry and Donna, the Long Family became in-laws with the Evans family, the Stacey family, the Hinkcley family and to a greater extent, the Amazons of Paradise Island.
- Barry Long
- Barry was one of Terry Long's brothers. He threw Terry a bachelor party and hired a stripper named Candy Spice to dance for him. He was also Terry's best man at his wedding.
- Carl Stacey
- In Pre-Crisis continuity, Carl Stacey was the husband of Fay Stacey and the adoptive father of Donna Troy. While Donna was still very young, Carl Stacey died in a work-related accident. Following the restructured continuity wrought by the Crisis on Infinite Earths, the exact details concerning Carl Stacey's life are cause for speculation.
- Cindy Evans
- Cindy Evans was the daughter of Hank and Fay Evans and the stepsister (through adoption) of Donna Troy.
- Donna Troy
Donna Troy was Terry Long's second wife. Donna met Terry while she was still a student at Metropolis University. Their courtship was met with great disdain by Terry's ex-wife Marcia, who felt that the age difference between the two was inappropriate (coupled by the fact that Terry was a staff member at the University). Donna and Terry were later married and had a son named Robert.
- Dorothy Hinckley
- In Pre-Crisis continuity, Dorothy Hinckley was the biological mother of Donna Troy. Dying of cancer, Dorothy gave her infant daughter up for adoption and she was placed at the Willowbrook Orphanage in Virginia until she was eventually adopted by Carl and Fay Stacy. Following restructured continuity wrought by the Crisis on Infinite Earths, the exact details concerning Dorothy Hinckley's life are cause for speculation.
- Fay Stacey
- In Pre-Crisis continuity, Fay Stacey was the wife of Carl Stacey and the adoptive mother of Donna Troy. Following the death of her husband, Fay was unable to take care of Donna, and she was forced to put her up for adoption again. She later remarried a man named Hank Evans and had two children, Cindy and Jerry. Following the restructured continuity wrought by the Crisis on Infinite Earths, the exact details concerning Fay Stacey's life are cause for speculation.
- Hank Evans
- Hank Evans was the second husband of Fay Stacey and the father of Cindy and Jerry Evans.
- Jennifer Long
Jennifer Long was the first child of Terry Long and the only child by his first wife Marcia Long.
- Jerry Evans
- Jerry Evans was the son of Hank and Fay Evans and the stepbrother (through adoption) of Donna Troy.
- Marcia Long
- Marcia Long was Terry Long's first wife and the mother of his daughter Jennifer. Marcia and Terry were divorced while Jennifer was still a young child.
- Robert Long
- Lord Chaos. The Titans of that era (known as the Team Titans) traveled back in time in an effort to prevent Robert's birth. Failing that, Donna Troy agreed to relinquish her super-powers in the hopes that her infant would not inherit the ability to shape the future as the Team Titans had feared. The Team Titans timeline never came to pass, as both Robert and his father were killed in an automobile accident.
Robert Long was the son of Terry and Donna Troy-Long. In an alternate future reality, Robert was destined to become a monarch known as
- Terry Long
Terry Long was a former university teacher who dated and later married his student Donna Troy. Together they had a child named Robert who (in an alternate future reality), was destined to grow up and become the villain known as Lord Chaos. Terry later died in an automobile accident along with his infant son.
Equipment: None known.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- No trivia.
Links and References
- Terry Long article at Titanstower.com
- Donna Troy article at Titanstower.com
- Robert Long bio at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Jennifer Long bio at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Dorothy Hinckley article at Titanstower.com
- Fay Evans and Family article at Titanstower.com