Lor-Van was a native of Kryptonopolis on the planet, Krypton. He married a woman named Lara Rok-Var and gave birth to a daughter named Lara. Lara would go on to marry Jor-El the Second of the noble House of El, and in turn give birth to Lor-Van's grandson, Kal-El.
Very little is known of Lor-Van's past or the exact nature of his death. If he did not pass away of natural causes prior to the explosion of Krypton, then he would have certainly died during Krypton's final moments.
Lor-Van possessed no superhuman powers while living under a red sun. Had he existed on a world revolving around a yellow sun, he would have developed physical attributes equitable to that of Superman.
- This version of Lor-Van (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- In Superman Family #192, a computer simulation explored what would have happened had Krypton exploded earlier. In this simulation, Lor-Van is shown as being a fellow scientist to Jor-El, and he is shown to have discovered a starship of the Krull, an intergalactic race who colonized Krypton before the natives had fully evolved. It is unknown how much this simulation reflected his real world biography.
- 1 Appearances of Lor-Van (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Lor-Van (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Lor-Van (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Lor-Van (Earth-One)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: