- Separately, we're losers - but we operate well as a team!
- -- Capt. Storm
Appearing in "Losers Die Twice"
- Losers (Final appearance; Dies)
- Haunted Tank (flashback only)
- Jeb Stuart (Behind the scenes) (flashback only)
- Andy Adams (Only appearance; dies)
- Wise Owl
- Haunted Tank (Vehicle) (flashback only)
- PT-51 (flashback only)
- PT-93 (flashback only)
- PT-177 (flashback only)
Synopsis for "Losers Die Twice"
Easy Company is under fire from a German battalion. Sgt. Rock tries to radio Bravo Company, but they are already dead. Instead, Captain Storm and the Losers respond to the call. Rock supplies them with his position and Johnny Cloud takes point.
Captain Storm takes a moment to reflect upon his own origin, and he recalls the original Japanese submarine attack that destroyed his crew and cost him his leg. After committing himself towards revenge, he eventually teamed up with other service men to form the Losers.
Gunner and Sarge follow Cloud and scan the surrounding village for a German rocket emplacement. Their mascot Pooch ponders their many adventures together, including several missions in which he valiantly saved Gunner and Sarge's lives.
Johnny Cloud also reminisces about his early years as he battled cultural derision and his commitment towards serving the United States Air Force. Fortunately, his superiors cared more about his flying skills than his Native American heritage.
The Losers eventually reach the enemy encampment and take out the rockets, allowing Easy Company further access into the terrain. However, the scene is still a hot war zone and the land explodes with brilliant bursts of light. The Losers move onward and valiantly give their lives fighting the Nazi threat.
- This issue spotlights the final battle of the Losers. Although published two months later, the events from this issue take place concurrently with events chronicled in Crisis on Infinite Earths #3.
- This issue briefly recaps the origins of all of the Losers.
- The site of the Losers' final battle is not revealed in this issue. Crisis on Infinite Earths #3 establishes that it takes place in Markovia.
- Ona Tornsen is the only team member not featured in this issue. Capt. Storm appears in flashback to events that took place in Capt. Storm #1.
- Capt. Storm's eyes are incorrectly colored blue in this issue. According to Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe IV, they should be brown.
- Captain Storm's prosthetic is incorrectly shown on his right leg in flashback, when it was actually his left leg that he lost during the early half of the war.
- This issue includes a one-page text article by Robert Greenberger entitled, "Losers". The article discusses the 50th anniversary of DC Comics, and the role that the Losers play in the Crisis on Infinite Earths.
- This issue is divided into three chapters:
- Part I: Countdown at Hell's Corner!
- Part II: A Marine Called Pooch!
- Part III: Spirit of the Dead
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Losers Special Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Losers Special series
Links and References
- Losers page at Don Markstein's Toonopedia
- Losers Special at CBDB
- Losers Special at the Grand Comics Database
Crisis on Infinite Earths Crossover