Louise McCallum was the wife of Dex McCallum and the great-aunt of Lana Lang. In June of 1961, Louise fell in love with the mysterious drifter named Joe, and was admired by Sheriff William Tate, soon to be known as Mayor Tate. She fell in love with Joe when he saved her from Lachlan Luthor and returned her stolen purse (stolen by Lachlan). As the two spent time together looking around Smallville, sharing stories of their pasts, Jor-El eventually revealed his powers and origin to her.
Inspired by Joe's example of defying his father, Louise decided to leave Smallville with Joe, but she was killed two days after Joe first saved her, on June 17, 1961 by Lachlan Luthor, sent by Tate to kill "Joe". Unfortunately, when he fired at Jor-El, the bullet bounced off him and hit Louise in the heart. Dex was framed for her murder, and it was assumed that The Drifter killed her after Jor-El fled.
Forty years later, Clark Kent used Jor-El's memory pendant to discover that Lachlan had actually killed her and that Mayor Tate had to be taken down for setting up her demise. Clark used his father's appearance and talked to the Mayor, using his speed and strength to give the impression that he was "Joe's" ghost, and told him to confess. Tate went to jail, and Dex's name was cleared.
- Louise McCallum was played by Kristin Kreuk who also played Lana Lang. That's why Louise had an uncanny resemblance to her great-niece, Lana, only her dark hair was neck-length.
- 1 Appearances of Louise McCallum (Smallville)
- 1 Images featuring Louise McCallum (Smallville)
- Quotations by or about Louise McCallum (Smallville)
- Character Gallery: Louise McCallum (Smallville)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: