Copy Edit Needed
Lucien is a mythological characters whose origins are rooted in the Dreaming. He was once the personal attendant of Dream and served in the form of a large black raven named Mister Raven. Lucien was the first of such beings to assume such a role. Successors include the former Interpol agent Matthew Cable. After retiring as a raven, Lucien was granted human form whereupon he became the librarian of Dream's palace. In the physical world, this palace manifested itself as a gothic manor in Transylvania called Ghost Castle. In this capacity, Lucien also served as the caretaker and guardian of the castle along with his werewolf companion Rover. Lucien continued to serve as librarian of Dream's palace during the seventy years period in which Dream was imprisoned by Roderick Burgess (and later by his son Alexander Burgess. When Dream returned to his station, he had Lucien conduct a complete census of the dreaming, including the various nightmare entities residing within the House of Secrets and the House of Mystery. Soon after, Dream gave Lucien a promotion and he became one of the highest ranking authority figures in the Dreaming.
Lucien has a photographic memory and is a master storyteller.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 27 Appearances of Lucien (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Lucien (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Lucien (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Lucien (New Earth)
This character exists under the Vertigo Imprint which is intended for Mature Readers. Vertigo titles although they may cross over into regular DC continuity.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Vertigo Characters."