Holy anachronisms, Batman!
This article is in need of updated information.
|Real Name||Lucius Fox|
|Current Alias||Lucius Fox|
|Relatives||Tanya Fox (wife), Tiffany Fox (daughter), Tim Fox (son), Tam Fox (daughter)|
|Base Of Operations||Gotham City|
|Occupation||CEO of Wayne Enterprises, formerly Atwater Air|
|Universe||Earth-One, New Earth|
|Creators||Len Wein, John Calnan|
- Bruce arranged the insurance, so of course the file is... vague.
- -- Lucius Fox src
Lucius Fox is the current CEO and President of Wayne Enterprises and a sought after businessman all over the corporate world. He first met his future employer Bruce Wayne in Paris, when Wayne saved him from a mugger's attack. The two became fast friends and Bruce invited him to help him start a charity organization that later became known as the Wayne Foundation. Bruce recognized Lucius's strong business ethics and before long, Fox was a high ranking officer in Wayne Enterprises.
He graduated magna cum laude from the Morton School of Business. After school he took a position at Atwater Air and saved it from near bankruptcy to success. After that Lucius Fox has been sought after by the large corporations in the world.
With Bruce spending more and more time operating as Batman, he had little time for day-to-day business affairs and virtually handed the reigns of the company over to Lucius. In time, Lucius became the CEO of the company, saving Wayne Enterprises from financial ruin, along with his quick-witted business savvy and strong ethics that helped the corporation to prosper.
While traveling through Europe, Fox was kidnapped by Baron Bedlam in Markovia. Batman asked the Justice League to launch a rescue mission, but they refused because it would violate U.S. diplomatic policy. Batman quit the League and launched his own rescue mission with Black Lightning posing as Fox's brother. They break Fox out of his cell, and leave him with a gun to take charge of the prison guards. This mission caused Batman to create the Outsiders.
A few time later, Fox was targeted by Cypher, a criminal with hipnotic powers that wanted to sabotage a project in which Fox was involved. Cypher hypnotized Fox and commanded him to jump off a brige and commit suicide, but Fox was saved by Batman, Robin and Jean-Paul.
- Business Management: Lucius Fox is unparalleled in the world of business and finance.
- Leadership: He commands the respect and attention of those under his charge and is largely responsible from rescuing Wayne Enterprises from ruin and forging it into the multinational corporate giant that it is today.
- Military Protocol: Lucius Fox has mentioned serving active duty in the U.S. Military during the Korean War.
- Detoriating Health: Lucius's health has greatly deteriorated after suffering a stroke.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 134 Appearances of Lucius Fox (New Earth)
- 4 Images featuring Lucius Fox (New Earth)
- 4 Quotations by or about Lucius Fox (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Lucius Fox (New Earth)
- Lucius Fox at dccomics.com
- Lucius Fox at Wikipedia.org
- Lucius Fox article at Wikipedia
- Lucius Fox article at the Batcave
- Lucius Fox at Comicbookdb.com
- Lucius Fox chronology index at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: