The Lump was created by Granny Goodness as a way to trap Mister Miracle once and for all. It was totally immobile, but had tremendous psychic powers. When Mister Miracle entered the trap the Lump linked to his mind and trapped him in a dream landscape of its own creation. Mister Miracle had difficulty facing the Lump at first, but eventually drove it mad with the sight of its own hideous appearance.
The Lump reappeared in the second Evil Factory Darkseid established in Bludhaven. There it was used to mentally torture Batman by generating a series of illusions based on his past. Batman was able to take control of the Lump's body, forcing its handlers to kill it.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 8 Appearances of Lump (New Earth)
- 4 Images featuring Lump (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Lump (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Lump (New Earth)
|Jack Kirby's Fourth World |
This character or group of characters are related to Jack Kirby's Fourth World, either the original concept and group of titles by Jack Kirby, or any of their subsequent adaptations by other creators. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Fourth World Characters category.